*****Rangers v Arsenal*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I think that illustrates the absolutely mental pricing of players in the big leagues more than anything.  These players are not 5, 10 or 20 times better than ours but their values are 

I very much agree that many of the prices for these players and many in the top leagues are nuts. 

Arsenal do have more quality than we do in the overall squad. 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

I think that illustrates the absolutely mental pricing of players in the big leagues more than anything.  These players are not 5, 10 or 20 times better than ours but their values are 

That is the thing with competitive sports. You are dealing with small percentages.

A £2m player is not twice as good as a £1m player. They will be say 10% better.

A £4m player will be say 10% better than a £2m player.

An £8m player will be 10% better than a £4m player.

etc.

The more that little bit of quality that you want, the more exponential the price you have to pay to get it.

When everyone is limited to playing 11 players vs 11, the more the demand for that extra bit of quality, and the more the price goes up. 

People always refer friendlies to fitness but finding the right chemistry when integrating new players into a system is equally important to getting off to a fast start. Not having Morelos, Helander, Barisic, Sakala, Kent or Aribo half way through pre season is not ideal. We look a little combobulated without them.

Play the best team possible against Blackpool & Real Madrid and fringe players against Brighton.

6 hours ago, The Beast said:

Point proven today when a Brighton player went to the PL for £50M.

Gerrard talked post match about finding a way to play both Patterson and Tav. For me Tav is not a midfielder and never will be. In a situation where others are injured or suspended I would not be unhappy if he played as one of the front three. Whips in mean balls and has an eye for goal.

For me we have to stick with Borna and Tav with Patterson and Bassey as more than decent back ups.

Was impressed with Bassey, I think with a run in the team this boy could be an outstanding player for us. He’s in a similar position to Paterson though in that we already have a quality player in his position.

Game reminded me a bit of our Europa league games against some of the better teams when we’ve looked dodgy at the back and conceded goals but still managed to do enough going forward to create our own chances and score goals. Think we just need to accept that we will concede goals at this level. 

Not the best 90 minutes performance but played decent in spells could/should have went 3-1 up, also could have been 3 down 🤣

Thought Middleton done ok going forward. Boy Kelly looks decent. Lundstram looks a good signing. Was a decent run out and test for our players canny wait to see us at full strength though. 

Kent Morelos Sakala :crywank:

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Was impressed with Bassey, I think with a run in the team this boy could be an outstanding player for us. He’s in a similar position to Paterson though in that we already have a quality player in his position.

Game reminded me a bit of our Europa league games against some of the better teams when we’ve looked dodgy at the back and conceded goals but still managed to do enough going forward to create our own chances and score goals. Think we just need to accept that we will concede goals at this level. 

Not the best 90 minutes performance but played decent in spells could/should have went 3-1 up, also could have been 3 down 🤣

Thought Middleton done ok going forward. Boy Kelly looks decent. Lundstram looks a good signing. Was a decent run out and test for our players canny wait to see us at full strength though. 

Kent Morelos Sakala :crywank:

A reckon bassey would improve of he lost a bit of muscle mass, he just looks too much of a unit to be at LB 😂

There's talent there, no doubt about it

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A reckon bassey would improve of he lost a bit of muscle mass, he just looks too much of a unit to be at LB 😂

There's talent there, no doubt about it

Aye he’s a big lad 🤣

Got a fair burst of pace on him as well, think a few of our fans underrate his potential.