Will we see Alfie again?

45 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think Alfredo would take they 7 minutes and being involved with the squad and experience of being at a big competition over sitting at home watching on Tv 

I would say more disappointing for him on a personal level that he never got more game time than a disaster. He’ll come back to us at a reasonable fitness level with only having couple of weeks off. He’d have been training out there keeping  match fit,  just need to get him back and involved in the friendlies next weekend obviously he needs pitch time before the season starts. Not ideal him joining back up late but that’s what happens when you have international players in your team. 

Aye its a disaster he;s been training with quality players , experiencing new coaching and keeping his fitness at a peak all summer when he could have been sat on his ass getting fat:lol:

You're spot on, it will obv be a disappointment personally for the boy it will make him a better player.

IF we want players of his quality we need to accept international commitments are part and parcel of that. people will lose their shit when ACON comes round.

If his heart wants a move- then it's best to let him go.

I don't think we will ever get the 20 million for him - if we could get these buggers up to 15 million- then it's best to sell him and move on.

I am sure we are looking at strikers to take is place, but we better get the finger out.

Comes a time where we do actually NEED to sell some these assets in order to then reinvest. Case to be made that if we got to the champions league and he scored goals there that we’d command a much higher fee but that’s all ifs and buts. The model is buy cheap and sell big and that unfortunately needs to happen sooner or later with one or two. 

8 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Comes a time where we do actually NEED to sell some these assets in order to then reinvest. Case to be made that if we got to the champions league and he scored goals there that we’d command a much higher fee but that’s all ifs and buts. The model is buy cheap and sell big and that unfortunately needs to happen sooner or later with one or two. 

We have to sell to balance the books, it was never a secret.

I think there is a very good chance that he will play in Europe for us this season. Porto and other teams may chance thier arm with a lowish offer but it is up to us when to sell. AM is in a good place at the moment and that is down to what he does at Rangers. He has a good manger and coaches around him to improve his play, the fans love him and he is on a good wage. His agent is doing what agents do and if a better wage than Rangers are paying comes in he would consider it along with the kind of club that is offering it (positives and negatives)and his opportunities to further his career if he moves. Rangers gives him almost everything he could want except silly money and a harder league to prove himself in.

17 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Just another rumour IMO so until theres something a bit more solid to go on I'll no be getting too concerned.

The rumour about Rafael Santos Borre could equally be true and some might say we will end up with a couple of Columbian hit men up front.

Wit ?

He joined Frankfurt weeks ago.

Alfredo Morelos has not asked for a transfer or indicated he wants to leave Rangers.

Reports this afternoon have emerged in Portugal that the Colombian has told his ‘inner circle’ wants to bring an end to his four year stay at Ibrox.

Record Sport understands that this is news to the Light Blues.

Morelos is due back to Rangers, as scheduled, after his involvement in the Copa America with Colombia.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has already made it clear that he expects Morelos to be fit and ready to hit the ground running.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/alfredo-morelos-transfer-twist-rangers-24562056

7 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We can’t be having this circus every window, if he wants to stay another year make that clear, knuckle down and make an impact

Exactly this. Ryan Kent did it last year when Leeds were sniffing....."Gaffer, I want to stay at Rangers"

That's all it takes if you believe in the club.

I think the club have promised him a move(if an acceptable bid comes in) after rejecting the lille offer last year. We had to concente on stopping 10 and we needed our best players for that season. The problem we now face is the frustration that he wants to move to a bigger league for more money but we need to protect ourselves in the process, however the longer this carries on I worry that we'll need to accept a lower bid to help balance the books. We value him at £20 million easily but clubs are reluctant to spend that on players from our league and throw into the mix that every month goes past where we need to balance the books soon. I think we'll meet somewhere in the middle and a fee of around £15 million will be accepted unfortunately.