Will we see Alfie again?

53 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Where the fk is he?

Just a heads up from the club would do, "he's on his way back" or "he's not here because....." would suffice.

Gerrard, in his interview the other day, certainly did not seem enamoured with the situation, and rightly so, he's got a team to prepare and needs to know who he has available. 

Whether he isn't happy with the player or wasn't happy with the question I don't know.

Most of us just want a wee bit of info from the club rather than aĺl the  usual speculation that's doing the rounds. 

1 hour ago, rbt1548 said:

Just a heads up from the club would do, "he's on his way back" or "he's not here because....." would suffice.

Gerrard, in his interview the other day, certainly did not seem enamoured with the situation, and rightly so, he's got a team to prepare and needs to know who he has available. 

Whether he isn't happy with the player or wasn't happy with the question I don't know.

Most of us just want a wee bit of info from the club rather than aĺl the  usual speculation that's doing the rounds. 

He hasn’t long finished playing, he’s entitled to a break

18 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

He hasn’t long finished playing, he’s entitled to a break

He is indeed, but it would be good to know what is happening. At least he would have kept his fitness up while with the national squad and shouldn't be fatigued for the few minutes he played.

2 hours ago, rbt1548 said:

I think SG doesn’t want to go public again on when he’s due back as he mentioned he was late before and it just makes him look like a weak manager.

It also lets buying club drop their bidding prices if there’s public knowledge of disharmony between a player and a manager imo.

Colombia’s last game was the 10th July so maybe he’s had 14 days off but is he exempt from quarantine or would that only be if he returned a few days after his international fixtures rather than holidaying for a couple of weeks.

Surely SG wanted him to get a run out this weekend.

7 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

According to my son. So it must be true !!!

He got 2 weeks off which he spent with his family in Colombia. 

He is now on his way home to give himself time to self isolate before European match ?

Will he be match fit I suppose but he was due a break.

Colombia last played 15 days ago and it the photo of the wife is genuine then he’s due to arrive in the U.K. today.

He then gets a 10 day stay in a quarantine hotel unless exempt but doubt that due to his time off.

The euro match and league opener is all under 10 days time.

Something again doesn’t add up and he’s ripping the cunt again imo as no way was he getting allowed to miss Malmö especially with Roofe being out.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

You would have thought he would have wanted to be a part of that. He's missing out on something special.

He’s a young guy with a small baby, family always come first (imo) and should for everyone, no matter what you do for a living.  He has been away from his family for so long and stuck in a pandemic stricken Scotland, to be honest, I’m not fucking surprised he’s taking his time to come back over, where every Cunt in this country despises him apart from our club and supporters.  He has been great for us and as long as he is not disobeying club orders, he deserves time with his family away from this shitehole.  When he comes back, get stuck in wee man and I hope to fuck he stays.

2 minutes ago, Almacger said:

He’s a young guy with a small baby, family always come first (imo) and should for everyone, no matter what you do for a living.  He has been away from his family for so long and stuck in a pandemic stricken Scotland, to be honest, I’m not fucking surprised he’s taking his time to come back over, where every Cunt in this country despises him apart from our club and supporters.  He has been great for us and as long as he is not disobeying club orders, he deserves time with his family away from this shitehole.  When he comes back, get stuck in wee man and I hope to fuck he stays.

I disagree. 

One of my favourite Rangers players in recent memory but he is the last to return and is doing himself no favours by delaying.

Probably hasn't broken any club rules but the way we played today, he ain't walking back into that team upon his return nor should he.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I disagree. 

One of my favourite Rangers players in recent memory but he is the last to return and is doing himself no favours by delaying.

Probably hasn't broken any club rules but the way we played today, he ain't walking back into that team upon his return nor should he.

If he hasn’t broke any rules and is up for it when he gets back, he’ll be back in that team in no time, you can’t judge how things will pan out based on a couple of friendlies.  I’m just happy that we have so many options.

1 minute ago, Almacger said:

If he hasn’t broke any rules and is up for it when he gets back, he’ll be back in that team in no time, you can’t judge how things will pan out based on a couple of friendlies.  I’m just happy that we have so many options.

It's not always about Alfie. Gerrard is clearly frustrated with the situation and the way he embraced Sakala when he came off shows he is not standing still.  The wee man will not be ready to play anytime soon.

Btw, for the most part, I blame his agent. He is always seen as pushing the agenda.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's not always about Alfie. Gerrard is clearly frustrated with the situation and the way he embraced Sakala when he came off shows he is not standing still.  The wee man will not be ready to play anytime soon.

Btw, for the most part, I blame his agent. He is always seen as pushing the agenda.

Can’t disagree with you re the agent, this always seems to be a problem every transfer window.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Hope he gets back but one things for sure, he’ll be fighting for his place so it’s up to him to keep it.

How good will it be for the club having Alfredo actually having to fight for a place in the team.