Brighton / Madrid - Fan Capacities

MattyBlue

Rangers seriously need to release a statement highlighting their hypocrisy and bias. It would take a couple of hours max to write a decent one so I don’t understand why one hasn’t already been released.

Keeping it all in house with private phone calls isn’t the answer we need to publicly shame the council and Scottish government. Name the individuals responsible for making these decisions and publicly question their motives.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Rangers seriously need to release a statement highlighting their hypocrisy and bias. It would take a couple of hours max to write a decent one so I don’t understand why one hasn’t already been released.

Keeping it all in house with private phone calls isn’t the answer we need to publicly shame the council and Scottish government. Name the individuals responsible for making these decisions and publicly question their motives.

We will do fuck all, mate.

As usual we keep our powder dry, issue empty threats and allow the club/fans/players reputations to be tarnished.

So long as the coffers keep ringing.

#AlwardsRemembered

#AlwaysRewarded

14 hours ago, markem said:

You try all areas fella? Had the same issue and was about to give in,  worked through all stands and got a seat...right on the corner flag to the point I think I might be the corner flag. 

Finally managed to get my two tickets (well I hope I've now got them).  Clicking on the link in the email didn't work.  I decided to log-in (twice) and somehow I managed to see ticket options thought trying to find out which section in which stand had availability was a pain.  Bit of a shambles.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

In the last year, Rangers have fought their corner well in all aspects. Folk need to stop saying they will do fuck all. That was past regimes.

We haven't heard the last of this.

Heard the last of what? Who got allocated which game at the weekend?

21 hours ago, markem said:

You try all areas fella? Had the same issue and was about to give in,  worked through all stands and got a seat...right on the corner flag to the point I think I might be the corner flag. 

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbup: 

I was getting the 'reduce quantity ' or 'nothing available try again' message too, I then did as you suggested and eventually got the main stand. It saved me shouting abuse at the computer, but, I have no doubt I  will shout at it again when I  have to try and order something again from the club website. 

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The club really need to attack this...

A well-placed Ibrox source told Record Sport : “The board are not happy about this at all.

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Took this off a sun article. A load of shite from the council and the club need to be all over this:

But local authority chiefs insist they are only following safety guidelines and say the discrepancy is down to the fact a graduated build-up for large scale events has been agreed with the Scotland’s Safety Advisory Group.

In other words, as Celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown. By contrast, Rangers' clash with Brighton is their first encounter since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, so therefore they are only allowed to use approximately 50% of Ibrox's currenty 17,000 Covid safe limit.

43 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Took this off a sun article. A load of shite from the council and the club need to be all over this:

But local authority chiefs insist they are only following safety guidelines and say the discrepancy is down to the fact a graduated build-up for large scale events has been agreed with the Scotland’s Safety Advisory Group.

In other words, as celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown. By contrast, Rangers' clash with Brighton is their first encounter since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, so therefore they are only allowed to use approximately 50% of Ibrox's currenty 17,000 Covid safe limit.

There is no logic in that at all. Why does there need to be a "graduated" build up to a safe limit? A safe limit is a safe limit.

We've handed our freedoms over to to a shower of shite. We should expect no less.

11 hours ago, CooperSF said:

We will do fuck all, mate.

As usual we keep our powder dry, issue empty threats and allow the club/fans/players reputations to be tarnished.

So long as the coffers keep ringing.

#AlwardsRemembered

#AlwaysRewarded

But these decisions do effect our income as friendlies are not on ST. If we were allowed say 15,000 each game that would be an extra 10,000 tickets to sell over the weekend. Not sure of prices as not going but probably £250k to £300k lost income. 

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

In other words, as celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown. By contrast, Rangers' clash with Brighton is their first encounter since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, so therefore they are only allowed to use approximately 50% of Ibrox's currenty 17,000 Covid safe limit.

That explanation does not make sense, even if you accept the need for gradual build up. If the tarriers had 50% of their safety limit at their first game which was 9,000 makes their 100% 18k. They have been allowed 18,500 for West Ham. Let's not quibble over the 500 discrepancy but means they have jumped direct to 100% for second game. If 8,500 is our 50% how come we are not allowed 100% of 17k for our second game versus Real Madrid 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The club have nothing but contempt for supporters.

For me, it’s morethe clubs structure for supporter consultation and the people the club have put in place to do it which are falling way short. 
In short, lack of quality all round. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

That explanation does not make sense, even if you accept the need for gradual build up. If the tarriers had 50% of their safety limit at their first game which was 9,000 makes their 100% 18k. They have been allowed 18,500 for West Ham. Let's not quibble over the 500 discrepancy but means they have jumped direct to 100% for second game. If 8,500 is our 50% how come we are not allowed 100% of 17k for our second game versus Real Madrid 

It's a poor excuse from the council mate to try and justify why 2 clubs in the same city can't get similar attendance.

The club need to be the ones getting stuck in and questioning the holes in this. 

16 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’ve just been told I’ve got tickets for the Brighton game, which is great, but they’ve told me that after telling me about Madrid? :lol: 

Shambles

Sounds like those who were allocated Brightom tickets haven't taken up the offer so they are now jumping on the ones who are attending the Madrid game instead of trying others. 

World class operation....