Life after Gerrard

esquire8

When listening to the Gerrard: Evolution of a Revolution podcast by Edgar and Clifford today, the question popped up about the club after Gerrard.

Now obviously we are years away from his contract being up or his eventual call back home, but one thing I found quite interesting was Edgar's opinion of the backroom staff. He always thought that once Gerrard left, the rest would leave too. That was until very recently when he thinks that might not be the case with certain members of the backroom team, in particular Michael Beale. 

This tying in with the fact Beale moved to Scotland with his family, do you think the opportunity might be presented to Beale once the time comes for Gerrard to leave? And what would you think of such plans being in place?

We will fokw the Southampton model that Wilson used and that is a list will be sitting at the moment with potential replacements for SG

Beale will probably go with SG unless he decides he does fancy going it alone.

Problem is these type of in house promotions don't always work 

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’d happily let Beale take the job.

Any deviation from the system we currently have would be transformative at all levels. Unless it gets severely broken, why fix it?

Beale would provide continuity and his reputation speaks volumes. It could be Walter #2.

Surely the role of a DOF is to provide continuity

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I think this will be Gerrards last season. I expect it to be successful and he goes with best wishes. No to be negative but you can only do so much in Scotland. 

It he is successful why would he leave when CL group stages is a guarantee ?

I think when Liverpool come calling he’ll go. Can’t see it being anywhere else. Would he jump to a West Ham or a Leicester? Can’t see it myself. 

Keeps up his success and he’s a shoe in for the Liverpool job. I also think he’ll take the majority of the backroom team.

Ross Wilson’s job is to keep the continuity. He’ll have a number of managers and backroom staff on the list that fit the profile.