*****The official Champions V Brighton thread*****

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Few observations from today:

- the fans who booed the players taking the knee are wanks if you can't stay silent and let the players protest however they wish to then stay in the concourse and go to your seat nobody wants to hear that shite

- Kelly looked very good

- Simpson is never making it with us, Katic despite being rusty AF looked far superior

- Bassey needs games but his final ball is terrible

- Still so soft up top without Morelos

- Jordan Jones should never stick a Rangers top on again in his life man, garbage player. Scott Wright >>>>>

- Lundstram is the big, physical centre mid we've been calling out for. Some engine on him

We dominated the ball and should have won (never a FK against Hagi)

Shite but predictable.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

- the fans who booed the players taking the knee are wanks if you can't stay silent and let the players protest however they wish to then stay in the concourse and go to your seat nobody wants to hear that shite

- Kelly looked very good

- Simpson is never making it with us, Katic despite being rusty AF looked far superior

- Jordan Jones should never stick a Rangers top on again in his life man, garbage player. Scott Wright >>>>>

- Lundstram is the big, physical centre mid we've been calling out for. Some engine on him

I missed the game but that's encouraging from a good poster. 

Can't believe Katic was playing, I'd have been like :crywank:

Bluekev likes this

I missed the first ten minutes. 

From what I seen Kelly looks a real player and capable of a place in the squad this season and taking the Davis role in the future. 

Was happy to see Katic back he looked solid again. 

Wright is a great option to have as well. 

I'm a bit worried by our poor win ratio in preseason last year we swept everything aside from the very beginning and this year we've laboured a lot. 

Still confident for the title though. 

Bluekev and They Gnu like this

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

- Kelly looked very good

Was a tiny number who booed, should be  easy enough for the rest of us  to drown them out. 

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’d genuinely identify the people booing and ban them give the seats to someone more deserving.

It happened at the arsenal game as well, and will at every game.

Just now, Blue Nosed Babe said:

After what happened to Kamara last season, I applaud our players for taking the knee!

OK I'll play the devils advocate here, Kamara himself along with  Goldson said it was a waste of time taking the knee as it made no difference, much as I don't agree with it you can't ban supporters for having a difference of opinion 

They Gnu likes this

Just now, Raligt said:

People booing our players taking the knee are absolute cunts imo. 

There's a difference between believing it has no meaning and booing.  If our fans stay silent, I would take that as respecting the players wishes to do what is right to kick racism out of the game.

Bang out of order. Our players have decided they want to do it and we should be backing them.

psb07158 and Raligt like this

Just now, MillwallLoyal said:

From what I saw, I thought Hagi looked good in the middle 3.

Never a foul in a million years for his goal. 

We didn't score 

I dont think the booing is for the anti racism aspect of the taking of the knee, its more for what its perceived to stand for, and thats the black lives matter movement which has in some form been infiltrated unfortunately by the wrong people who have questionable morals (the argument about taking the knee symbolising the BLM movement is for another topic and tbh no one will win that argument) 

Football for what its worth had the "show racism the red card" it had its own anti racism policy in place that has everything needed in terms of message and a togetherness with all players coming together to support it, but it consistently falls flat due to uefa being utter shitebags, nothing will change that aspect unfortunately, not taking a knee or anything

If people wish to boo the BLM movement and its links to taking the knee, surely that is their right, however if people are booing through genuine racism then you have to wonder about them given the makeup of our squad 

slimjim1690 and Jacklondon like this

53 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting to hear people saying Kelly played well again. Seems like he’s done all he can to impress this pre season so hopefully he’s involved this season.

Surely got to be in with a shout of being in our sqaud this season. With the number of games we'll be expecting to have he should get some game time. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

- Kelly looked very good

I agree with everything about your post mate except the fans booing. I think a lot of the fans that boo now are frustrated as this taking the knee has not had the desired effect. It’s like the sentiment has been watered down and is just a “oh here we go again” sort of thing. Taking the knee is having little effect on racism. How long have athletes been doing this and what have been the effects. Look at the young lads from England that missed the penalties. Taking the knee didn’t help them. Something else needs tackled here. 

slimjim1690 likes this

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont think the booing is for the anti racism aspect of the taking of the knee, its more for what its perceived to stand for, and thats the black lives matter movement which has in some form been infiltrated unfortunately by the wrong people who have questionable morals (the argument about taking the knee symbolising the BLM movement is for another topic and tbh no one will win that argument) 

Football for what its worth had the "show racism the red card" it had its own anti racism policy in place that has everything needed in terms of message and a togetherness with all players coming together to support it, but it consistently falls flat due to uefa being utter shitebags, nothing will change that aspect unfortunately, not taking a knee or anything

If people wish to boo the BLM movement and its links to taking the knee, surely that is their right, however if people are booing through genuine racism then you have to wonder about them given the makeup of our squad 

BLM are cunts and taking the knee will always be associated with them. When there was a protest at the Rashford Mural, for the supposedly racist graffiti, “shite in a bucket” and a drawing of a cock??? BLM we’re prominent in the crowd. I wish our players wouldn’t do it but I wouldn’t boo them.