*****The official Champions V Brighton thread*****

I dont think the booing is for the anti racism aspect of the taking of the knee, its more for what its perceived to stand for, and thats the black lives matter movement which has in some form been infiltrated unfortunately by the wrong people who have questionable morals (the argument about taking the knee symbolising the BLM movement is for another topic and tbh no one will win that argument) 

Football for what its worth had the "show racism the red card" it had its own anti racism policy in place that has everything needed in terms of message and a togetherness with all players coming together to support it, but it consistently falls flat due to uefa being utter shitebags, nothing will change that aspect unfortunately, not taking a knee or anything

If people wish to boo the BLM movement and its links to taking the knee, surely that is their right, however if people are booing through genuine racism then you have to wonder about them given the makeup of our squad 

53 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Interesting to hear people saying Kelly played well again. Seems like he’s done all he can to impress this pre season so hopefully he’s involved this season.

Surely got to be in with a shout of being in our sqaud this season. With the number of games we'll be expecting to have he should get some game time. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Few observations from today:

- the fans who booed the players taking the knee are wanks if you can't stay silent and let the players protest however they wish to then stay in the concourse and go to your seat nobody wants to hear that shite

- Kelly looked very good

- Simpson is never making it with us, Katic despite being rusty AF looked far superior

- Bassey needs games but his final ball is terrible

- Still so soft up top without Morelos

- Jordan Jones should never stick a Rangers top on again in his life man, garbage player. Scott Wright >>>>>

- Lundstram is the big, physical centre mid we've been calling out for. Some engine on him

We dominated the ball and should have won (never a FK against Hagi)

I agree with everything about your post mate except the fans booing. I think a lot of the fans that boo now are frustrated as this taking the knee has not had the desired effect. It’s like the sentiment has been watered down and is just a “oh here we go again” sort of thing. Taking the knee is having little effect on racism. How long have athletes been doing this and what have been the effects. Look at the young lads from England that missed the penalties. Taking the knee didn’t help them. Something else needs tackled here. 

19 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont think the booing is for the anti racism aspect of the taking of the knee, its more for what its perceived to stand for, and thats the black lives matter movement which has in some form been infiltrated unfortunately by the wrong people who have questionable morals (the argument about taking the knee symbolising the BLM movement is for another topic and tbh no one will win that argument) 

Football for what its worth had the "show racism the red card" it had its own anti racism policy in place that has everything needed in terms of message and a togetherness with all players coming together to support it, but it consistently falls flat due to uefa being utter shitebags, nothing will change that aspect unfortunately, not taking a knee or anything

If people wish to boo the BLM movement and its links to taking the knee, surely that is their right, however if people are booing through genuine racism then you have to wonder about them given the makeup of our squad 

BLM are cunts and taking the knee will always be associated with them. When there was a protest at the Rashford Mural, for the supposedly racist graffiti, “shite in a bucket” and a drawing of a cock??? BLM we’re prominent in the crowd. I wish our players wouldn’t do it but I wouldn’t boo them. 

Just now, left winger said:

I genuinely find it hard to believe that anyone booing today believes that the players are doing anything other than protesting against racism - racism many of them have faced.

No one can surely believe that the taking of the knee by these, and every other footballer who does it,  is in support of some Marxist ideology. These players have said why they are taking the knee. 

I can only think of two reasons for booing the taking of the knee - one is that those booing are just fucking thick. The other is that they're racist.

The footballers most likely don't believe in the extreme ideologies of the blm, but trying to deny the links between taking the knee and the blm is very hard to do

Football had its own non political anti racism initiative, why did this political movement need to be introduced? 

After the England debacle it’s quite obvious why players feel they should continue to take a stand and rightly so. I would question anybody’s morals that has a problem with people making a stand against racism. Also, not really a great start when we are trying to get Goldson to sign a new contract and some of his own fans are churning out that shite. Absolutely no need. 

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Next you’ll be telling me that the Tartan Army didn’t boo Ryan Jack, they just booed the concept of him being a Rangers player.

There’s no concept. He is a Rangers player. That’s why he got booed. Who’s  gonna take the knee for that and would it help? 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The footballers most likely don't believe in the extreme ideologies of the blm, but trying to deny the links between taking the knee and the blm is very hard to do

Football had its own non political anti racism initiative, why did this political movement need to be introduced? 

It's dead fucking easy to do. The players say it's an anti-racism protest. End of. 

But you're trying to tell them how they should protest against racism? Fucking really?

I missed the start so can't comment on the what happened with taking the knee.

My thoughts on taking the knee are that it has turned into a novelty with no single meaning. Some think its political so object because of the aims of BLM. Others go along in support of the players and there may be other reasons. Its turned into a conflicting issue where I am sure there is no ill will towards any of the players but people may be getting tired of being lectured at so it could be having the opposite effect. 

In my uneducated opinion I would like for it to stop, assume most people are decent characters and deal with anyone that actually does something racist rather than always pontificating to the crowds.

Edit: just to add I would never support booing a player, even after bad results.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

I genuinely find it hard to believe that anyone booing today believes that the players are doing anything other than protesting against racism - racism many of them have faced.

No one can surely believe that the taking of the knee by these, and every other footballer who does it,  is in support of some Marxist ideology. These players have said why they are taking the knee. 

I can only think of two reasons for booing the taking of the knee - one is that those booing are just fucking thick. The other is that they're racist.

Exactly what do these scumbags think booing will achieve.