*****The official Champions V Brighton thread*****

Just now, left winger said:

It's dead fucking easy to do. The players say it's an anti-racism protest. End of. 

But you're trying to tell them how they should protest against racism? Fucking really?

The players are doing it to protest against racism so that's what it is. 

Irrespective of anyone's private thoughts on the BLM movement/taking the knee, booing players that have their own perspective on it given what we saw last year and across social media recently is fucking pathetic. 

Also baffles me that on one of the first games back at Ibrox in glorious sunshine on a Saturday night, with a lot to look forward to this season, some nuggets can get themselves that worked up and angry that they boo a player taking a knee before the game.

Have I got this right,.

Kamara rightly gets to choose his method of demonstrating against racism despite the club having it's own anti racism policy.

But others choosing to object against the method of demonstration, not the sentiment behind it, are wrong.

Nothing like democracy.

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Have I got this right,.

Kamara rightly gets to choose his method of demonstrating against racism despite the club having it's own anti racism policy.

But others choosing to object against the method of demonstration, not the sentiment behind it, are wrong.

Nothing like democracy.

When it impacts negatively on the club and players , yes they are wrong.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

I genuinely find it hard to believe that anyone booing today believes that the players are doing anything other than protesting against racism - racism many of them have faced.

No one can surely believe that the taking of the knee by these, and every other footballer who does it,  is in support of some Marxist ideology. These players have said why they are taking the knee. 

I can only think of two reasons for booing the taking of the knee - one is that those booing are just fucking thick. The other is that they're racist.

Or people are exasperated that it’s intent isn’t fucking working.  

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Or people are exasperated that it’s intent isn’t fucking working.  

People are booing because footballers taking the knee for the last few months hasn't eradicated racism?

Really? You really think that's why some fans booed today? Tbf, one of the potential reasons  I suggested for booing is that those people are fucking thick  - your theory does appear to offer some credence to that possibility.

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

After the England debacle it’s quite obvious why players feel they should continue to take a stand and rightly so. I would question anybody’s morals that has a problem with people making a stand against racism. Also, not really a great start when we are trying to get Goldson to sign a new contract and some of his own fans are churning out that shite. Absolutely no need. 

What debacle?