Tokyo Olympics

The truth is, the people who are saying she "quit" and couldn't "hack it" are obviously right. That's effectively what she said. The issue is they seem to think that the only reason a person might not be able to hack it is because they are a cowardly shitebag, even when there are 23 gold reasons to believe this does not apply to Simone Biles. She has lost before on the biggest stage without quitting. She has won before on the biggest stage enough times to show she can usually handle the pressure. Why would you NOT assume that when a proven phenomenal competitor tells you their head wasn't right, they are being honest?

1 minute ago, Heshootshescores said:

She does a huge disservice to those with genuine mental health issues, by citing those reasons, when she was clearly simply having a bad day. You on the other hand are just too dumb or too woke to recognise the difference. You are also a fucking hypocrite, throwing words like 'lunatic' around, ironically in the same post ,where you are presenting a phoney, misguided, defence of those with mental health issues.

Why is this world famous victim of child sexual abuse not entitled, in your opinion, to talk about her mental health? Have you examined her professionally and found her to not have "genuine mental health issues"?

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

Why is this world famous victim of child sexual abuse not entitled, in your opinion, to talk about her mental health? Have you examined her professionally and found her to not have "genuine mental health issues"?

Oh FFS. You do realise this is a sports forum, where we submit opinions, often without being in full possession of the facts ?

I'll definitely check fitness data, and conduct full medicals, on players in future before commenting on their match performance.

4 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Oh FFS. You do realise this is a sports forum, where we submit opinions, often without being in full possession of the facts ?

I'll definitely check fitness data, and conduct full medicals, on players in future before commenting on their match performance.

If you realise this why are you taking umbrage on people calling you out on the deranged drivel you have posted in this thread? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

You made an assertion about her mental health, without evidence. You didn't give an opinion. You didn't say "I doubt Biles was really having mental health issues, and if she doesn't it would be a disservice to those who do", you confidently stated that she was just having a bad day and is doing a "disservice" to those with "genuine" mental health conditions. I assumed you must have some reason for asserting that beyond the fact you have just decided it is the case. I'm sorry if you don't like it when people expect you to back up statements of apparent fact with... actual facts.

There was a rumour she had ADHD and took Adderall for it.   Here she is in 2016 admitting it.    

Adderall and any other amphetamines are not allowed into Japan under any circumstances so between her lack of concentration and withdrawl I can believe she wasn't firing on all cylinders.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I genuinely laughed when I read it. Comedy gold.

As Trotsky nearly once wrote:

"So long as those malicious tailless apes that are so proud of their technical achievements – the animals that we call gymnasts – will do vaults and floor routines, the fans will always be obliged to place the competitors between the possible death in the front, and the inevitable one in the rear."

1 minute ago, miracle said:

There was a rumour she had ADHD and took Adderall for it.   Here she is in 2016 admitting it.    

Adderall and any other amphetamines are not allowed into Japan under any circumstances so between her lack of concentration and withdrawl I can believe she wasn't firing on all cylinders.

Can Japanese people/visitors obtain medicinal amphetamines after arriving in Japan? Like, how do Japanese doctors treat it?

21 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

She does a huge disservice to those with genuine mental health issues, by citing those reasons, when she was clearly simply having a bad day. You on the other hand are just too dumb or too woke to recognise the difference. You are also a fucking hypocrite, throwing words like 'lunatic' around, ironically in the same post ,where you are supposedly presenting a phoney, misguided, defence of those with mental health issues.

She was sexually abused by a high profile serial child molester and you think she doesn't have genuine mental health issues. :lol:

I suffer from mental health issues and I have never went through anything like that. I understand mental health. You clearly don't. Stay in your lane and stop embarrassing yourself, you fucking lunatic. 

3 minutes ago, JamieD said:

As Trotsky nearly once wrote:

"So long as those malicious tailless apes that are so proud of their technical achievements – the animals that we call gymnasts – will do vaults and floor routines, the fans will always be obliged to place the competitors between the possible death in the front, and the inevitable one in the rear."

:lol: 

I did have to google what you were referring to though. 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

:lol: 

I did have to google what you were referring to though. 

I remember an old episode of Great Lives with Christopher Hitchens, where he chose Trotsky, and Matthew Parris ambushed him with that quote to prove what a nasty piece of work his hero was, and Hitchens was just like "so what, the British command took the exact same view during WW1, and I totally agree with the sentiment" :lol: Parris was incredulous.

8 minutes ago, miracle said:

Are you accusing her of being a drug cheat? If so that is really out of order. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Are you accusing her of being a drug cheat? If so that is really out of order. 

Now THAT'S an interesting topic. 

I would be amazed if any of the top competitors in any sport that involves endurance or power isn't on something

Remarkable that we have a bunch of average joes, probably a wee bit overweight, who have never achieved anything truly exceptional, and who don't handle much pressure other than maybe a deadline now and again for work, feeling qualified to comment on the mental state of a survivor of child sexual abuse, and most decorated gymnast of all time, competing at the highest level of competition in her field.

Just now, JamieD said:

Now THAT'S an interesting topic. 

I would be amazed if any of the top competitors in any sport that involves endurance or power isn't on something

Mark Henry is a known steroid abuser so you could be right. But that's quite a sweeping statement to make.