McGregor or McLaughlin

Goalkeepers  

268 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do about the GK position this season?

• McGregor remains the keeper
    • McLaughlin becomes the keeper
    • Cycle both
    • Seek a new keeper immediately

• 1 month later...

Yesterday’s mistake was uncharacteristic from the big man and he’ll be raging more than anybody. However, this chopping and changing the keeper is not helping either option imo. Dino Zoff (one for the older bears!) won a world cup at 40 years of age. McGregor doesn’t need ‘resting’ alternate games.

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

He made a costly mistake. No one will be angrier right now than he is with himself.  He has saved us so many points the last few years that I will not be blaming his one mistake on yesterday. 

Even yesterday, despite his mistake, he still saved us about 2-3 times. Needing big Fil back 

15 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Thoughts now?

We wouldn't be having this conversation if the rest of the team would get their fingers out their arses and start scoring goals.

It's not just the forwards either, how many times do we send the big guys up for corners then fanny about? Garbage man.

12 hours ago, King Jela said:

If McLaughlin was in goals yesterday we'd have lost. He's pish. 

If he was in goals yesterday at least 1 of they 2 chances Goes in imo.few folk really underestimating how good those 2 stops were on Saturday.just a shame he flapped at the corner,but shit happens in football.

McGregor’s back is fucked, hence having to rotate as much as we are. 

When fit he’s clearly the better keeper, but if he can’t play 3 games in a week anymore then he can’t be our no. 1. 

By default that would make McLaughlin no. 1, although I think we should be looking at signing someone.

Absolute howler from him at the weekend, but you’d need to really rack your brains to think of his last one before that - which shows how good he has been. 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

McGregor’s back is fucked, hence having to rotate as much as we are. 

When fit he’s clearly the better keeper, but if he can’t play 3 games in a week anymore then he can’t be our no. 1. 

By default that would make McLaughlin no. 1, although I think we should be looking at signing someone.

Absolute howler from him at the weekend, but you’d need to really rack your brains to think of his last one before that - which shows how good he has been. 

Getting sent off for booting the Hibs boy in the back?

Defo still McGregor, one mistake doesn't change it with the amount of points he's saved us single handedly.

Don't know if the rotation is because of his age (think that's unlikely cause a keeper, especially at Rangers, hardly exerts a lot of energy in a game) or to give McLaughlin more game time for when McGregor retires. Or another reason I can't even think of.

McLaughlin seems fine to me, I don't panic when I see him on the team sheet even though I'd always prefer it to be McGregor.