How good was that?

Essandoh

On paper friendly matches are of course irrelevant. They are used to improve fitness, try formations and players etc...we all know that. Losing a friendly is not the end of the world by any stretch, nor does winning one mean anything in the greater scale.

But that is a simplistic view. Nobody can ignore that the momentum gained in our excellent performances in pre-season last year was carried forward into the 55 season. Rangers as a club need to have a winning mentality, that is what sets big clubs apart. Although it was a friendly you can bet that Ancelloti will not be at all happy with their performance, and the red card shows that they were committed and competitive in the match. We should always try to win matches - perhaps that means we place too much pressure on our players over seemingly insignificant matches. But performances of players in these games might be the only chance some of them get to stake a claim for the coming season. I think it can't be ignored the confidence it should give our players to look so strong against a top side, and as above that is a massive springboard to carry through into the season.

Also, the negativity is perplexing. There was so much more to yesterday than just the result. A glorious summer day, our Anniversary year, Champions, fans back in the stadium. We've all missed this and i don't think anyone can begrudge watching a Rangers side play so well against probably one of the great clubs in football history.  

3 hours ago, Raligt said:

Said it before about Kent and I’ll say it again, when teams aren’t sitting behind the ball he will destroy you.  It’s the teams that sit 10/11 men behind the ball that he can struggle against.  Most attacking players of his style do I suppose in those situations, but if he can find that extra bit about him with the experience of these games, that’s when we’re on to a proper winner with him as a player.

19 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Said it before about Kent and I’ll say it again, when teams aren’t sitting behind the ball he will destroy you.  It’s the teams that sit 10/11 men behind the ball that he can struggle against.  Most attacking players of his style do I suppose in those situations, but if he can find that extra bit about him with the experience of these games, that’s when we’re on to a proper winner with him as a player.

Precisely why he’s going to fucking ruin celtic’s backline with that ridiculous positioning they’re embracing

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Precisely why he’s going to fucking ruin celtic’s backline with that ridiculous positioning they’re embracing

Not only Kent but the hammer throwers will love it too. A punt up the park in the direction of the lone striker will be enough to unlock them. I expect them to drop so many points this season playing the Aussie way that I doubt they will finish 2nd.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Not only Kent but the hammer throwers will love it too. A punt up the park in the direction of the lone striker will be enough to unlock them. I expect them to drop so many points this season playing the Aussie way that I doubt they will finish 2nd.

That would be bliss.

what was impressive was with every 3 man substitution the team never let up, the new players played well, the shape changed but the skill and intensity did not. Usually when all the changes are made in the 2nd half teams can go to pot in friendlies but it never happened. I felt every player was playing for a Livi place or that is how it seemed. I could see in Stevie's face in the interview he has a job on his hands picking the final 11 and he looked daunted and delighted.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

Yip certainly has the feel of that week we lost to Falkirk and Athens we still managed to win the league that season though so let's hope history does repeat itself. 

1 minute ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

It's not obseesed you get called mate:pipe:

I mean if I was obsessed I would go back and get screenshots and show you, it’s literally what some posters say if you quote them more than once a week.

if you have a new name then please share with us all 

37 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I mean if I was obsessed I would go back and get screenshots and show you, it’s literally what some posters say if you quote them more than once a week.

if you have a new name then please share with us all 

Groundhog day mate lol.  oh shit I've quoted you twice, I'll be getting it now lol