****The Official Champions vs Livingston Thread****

graeme_4

Aye back to the football, tbh expecting a really strong showing from us and wouldn't be shocked if the games done for half time giving us time to turn thoughts to Tuesday.

My team would be McGregor; Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barsaic; Lundstram, Davis, Kamara; Hagi, Sakala, Kent.

For me I think 9 of that team will play with only position up for grabs being the central striker role and the right hand side of the front three. Think Itten and Scott Wright are well in with a shout of starting.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wish posters would get back to discussing the actual first football game as defending champions.

my team...

Mcgregor

Tav      Goldson    Balogun      Barisic

Lundstram        Kamara        Hagi

Wright          Kent

Sakala       

I'm saving Helander & Davis for next Wednesday or second half minutes.

Hopefully see Aribo & Roofe on the bench.

Wouldn't be angry with this tbh, think Hagi's been decent as part of a midfield three in preseason and would maybe help unlock a stubborn defence.

Sorry this is slightly 'off topic' but cannot find any info anywhere about the food outlets in Ibrox, I was sure I read somewhere that they were closed for the friendly games last weekend, and wondering if that was true and assume if it was they will be closed on Sat?  

No big deal but would like to know. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The league looks more traditional this year. Both Edinburgh clubs and both Dundee clubs make for a better league imo.

And only one astro turf.

Can't wait to get started.

I can’t remember the last time all 6 from the three cities were in the same division.

Mid 2000s probably?

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The league looks more traditional this year. Both Edinburgh clubs and both Dundee clubs make for a better league imo.

And only one astro turf.

Can't wait to get started.

You're totally right.

As much as I can't stand the two Edinburgh clubs and Dundee Utd, having traditional clubs with (by Scottish standards) big fan bases and stadiums adds to the league far more than three-stand Hamilton ever will.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Sorry this is slightly 'off topic' but cannot find any info anywhere about the food outlets in Ibrox, I was sure I read somewhere that they were closed for the friendly games last weekend, and wondering if that was true and assume if it was they will be closed on Sat?  

No big deal but would like to know. Thanks.

Wasn't there but they were definitely shut at weekend , not sure about this , this post is probably pretty useless :lol:

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Wasn't there but they were definitely shut at weekend , not sure about this , this post is probably pretty useless :lol:

I was sure I read that as well and unless I hear something else before Sat will assume they will be closed again, I would imagine the outside catering will be there as normal. :hmmm:

Thanks for the reply, which was helpful by the way. :thumbsup: 

6 hours ago, Broxi said:

Tons of chat on Twitter just now about the whole booing the knee thing. 

If you’re planning on turning up to Ibrox on Saturday to boo the players, especially after the season they just had and what happened to Kamara, then go fuck yourself and don’t bother going. 

It’s not a case of booing the players, it’s a case of booing the political gesture that’s linked to BLM.

10 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

It’s not a case of booing the players, it’s a case of booing the political gesture that’s linked to BLM.

Will the players see it this way? Booing won't have any affect on the BLM movement as a whole this will only reflect poorly on Rangers in MSM & negatively impact the overall morale of the team, you're literally hurting the club in an attempt to politically point score. Moronic.

8 minutes ago, MolsGoals said:

Will the players see it this way? Booing won't have any affect on the BLM movement as a whole this will only reflect poorly on Rangers in MSM & negatively impact the overall morale of the team, you're literally hurting the club in an attempt to politically point score. Moronic.

Exactly. If you have an issue with the BLM movement then join a political group and do something about it. Don’t stand shoulder to shoulder with me and boo Rangers players. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I wish posters would get back to discussing the actual first football game as defending champions.

my team...

Mcgregor

Tav      Goldson    Balogun      Barisic

Lundstram        Kamara        Hagi

Wright          Kent

Sakala       

I'm saving Helander & Davis for next Wednesday or second half minutes.

Hopefully see Aribo & Roofe on the bench.

I'm too lazy to check but how the fuck did this thread into the subject of taking the knee? 

Aye that'd be my team. 

If you're that desperate to complain about BLM just write a tweet about it, cry in a group chat, whatever. Don't boo our players who are doing this due to racism - racism that took place in the very stadium you are planning to fucking boo them in. 

Appreciate that there are those who might ask the question, why did we cease doing it after that incident? It's a fair question, but I would once again defer to the players' wishes. After that incident they decided to stand as they felt the response from UEFA wasn't good enough. The racist player in question has since been taken to task. They seem content to continue doing the gesture. I side with my team.