The players will kneel before every game

1 hour ago, gazza27 said:

Threads like this bring out the best and by far the worse a folk, embarrassing especially in the Champions Den 

Thankfully there only seems to be 4 or 5 numbskulls compared to 100 odd folk that, one way or another, get it.

Decent odds amongst any group of people tbh. We've always knownthis is the case in our support, though. Mostly normal, decent folk that other groups of fans like to judge by the words and actions of the few twits.

8 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Even stranger most spend their days finding different ways to talk about race in the politics section

Definitely not racists though...

Some of them have been rightly banned.

I have been told that racism doesn't exist by some on here.

The mind boggles. 

16 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

But what about all the other clubs etc

This is nothing to do with the other clubs it’s about supporting our black Rangers players and letting them know we have there back ? It’s simple. Mountains out of mole hills been created all through this thread. Tav has clearly stated what message he is sending out. If you don’t like it just stay silent. 

3 hours ago, the goal machine said:

If you read that and still boo, you’re a racist. There is no other explanation.

What absolute nonsense that is and for the record I won’t boo it.  But the whole thing is an absolute shambles.  They want to be anti racist go and take cards or wear t shirts with an anti racist slogan on it.  This isn’t an anti racist stance at all.

8 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Are other players not taking the knee at the same time.. 

They are but we aren’t talking about other players. Our captain released a statement on behalf and himself and the other players at our club making it explicitly clear why our players are taking the knee. That’s what this entire thread is about.

Honestly the amount of hoop jumping you are doing and angles you are trying to spin to prove yourself right that taking the knee is wrong is utterly embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

What absolute nonsense that is and for the record I won’t boo it.  But the whole thing is an absolute shambles.  They want to be anti racist go and take cards or wear t shirts with an anti racist slogan on it.  This isn’t an anti racist stance at all.

Tell that to Tav.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

They are but we aren’t talking about other players. Our captain released a statement on behalf and himself and the other players at our club making it explicitly clear why our players are taking the knee. That’s what this entire thread is about.

Honestly the amount of hoop jumping you are doing and angles you are trying to spin to prove yourself right that taking the knee is wrong is utterly embarrassing.

Its scary how much you think you should be able to tell other people what they can do, and what their intentions are when they do something. I hope you're never in the position where you criticise someone due to something they do and its perceived to be racist/sexist/bigoted etc.

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Another one on the Antifa playbook

I must’ve misread that part of our captain’s statement.

Marxist. Antifa. Achieves nothing. What about a different gesture? I’m not racist but…I won’t boo taking the knee but…

And that concludes tonight’s Racist Bingo. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Did you miss the bit when James Tavernier said "this is a very simple, but we hope, effective gesture. It is a symbolic stance against racism, nothing more and nothing less."? Is he lying?

I like Tav and think he means what he’s saying. However, I think he and the players are being naive in not realising the unnecessary divisions the use of this gesture may create.  As a symbolic stance, I don’t think this is a positive move as it creates division when there is concensus on the primary issue (at least within the Rangers support).  

7 minutes ago, cbagan92 said:

This is nothing to do with the other clubs it’s about supporting our black Rangers players and letting them know we have there back ? It’s simple. Mountains out of mole hills been created all through this thread. Tav has clearly stated what message he is sending out. If you don’t like it just stay silent. 

I thought it was combating racism in its all forms, its not just about the black players. What about chinese, arabs, jewish people etc... 

Racism is unacceptable in all forms imo. 

6 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

I must’ve misread that part of our captain’s statement.

Marxist. Antifa. Achieves nothing. What about a different gesture? I’m not racist but…I won’t boo taking the knee but…

And that concludes tonight’s Racist Bingo

If you've misread the statement try taking your time and sound out the more difficult  words:lol:

19 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Even stranger most spend their days finding different ways to talk about race in the politics section

Definitely not racists though...

Oh aye cause its the posters in the RM politics section that are making everything about race and not the footballers, politicians, media, celebrities who cant just shut up and do their fucking jobs 😅

But anyone who disagrees is just racist simple as 😅 lunatic

3 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Of course i support them. I wouldnt boo. I dont like the gesture though due to what  else it associated with. Intentions matter surely.... 

Firstly I don’t see you as racist in any form. The challenge is to disassociate the gesture with BLM. They and their like, including government are giving us all a good using in this for there own selfish ends. 

I think this is simple, in our lads are making their stand against racism with this gesture and nothing to do with BLM.

It transcends the politics and pretty basic tbh and I don’t see why we can’t support them in this and indeed, be loud and proud about it. It’s the right thing to do for the the right reason.

Of course it comes at a time when we have all recently experienced the erosion of civil liberties and freedom of speech and pretty easy to have much angst on that, but don’t let it colour or prevent the support of what is a worthy cause. Racism is an abomination and we should all be heard. The ideals of BLM are a different matter and not for letting them stand in the way of what is right and what is the right thing to do.

Just now, The Godfather said:

It's true though. The players and club have made it clear that they are taking the knee because of their own battle against racism.... Not what some folk choose to think it may or may not mean. 

Booing our own players making a gesture against racism is mind boggling. 

It's just cunts being cunts for the sake of it. 

Everyone knows what the taking the knee represents.

If our players want to just parrot what players in England and the rest of the world are doing even after admitting its just a token gesture they can go ahead but acting like this is just black and white racist or not racist is just ridiculous 

People saying its just racism to boo it say so cause they want to end the discussion cause they know they'll look silly once the conversation begins.