The players will kneel before every game

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Take it you would feel the same if someone was booing a minutes silence for Remembrance Day?

They would rightfully get dogs abuse from the fans round about them.

I wouldn't even attempt to compare soldiers dieing in war with football players taking a knee my friend, quite frankly an embarrassing comparison 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would you support our fans booing the rememberance day minutes silence?

Or are you hypocritical in your 'rights'?

Difficult as I would it, I would have to accept it as I could not accept the removal of a cornerstone of democracy, namely the right to peaceful protest.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm like a wean before Christmas tonight just thinking about going to the game tomorrow, I've been waiting for this day like everyone else for a long time and cunts are debating about our players taking an anti racism stance that lasts 3 seconds, fuck me man. 

Enjoy the game the mora mate. I will be glued to the telly in Awsworth pure jealous. 

Our sportsmen didn’t take the knee for many years, and I go back to the Mark Walters incidents. It went back much further. Our sportsmen have now been taking the knee for a year or so and while it hasn’t eradicated racism( wasn’t going to happen), it has started huge debate on why it is happening, is the knee doing any good, booing is being questioned. I think it is well worth continuing the knee, for a wee while, in the forlorn hope that some good will come out of it. And IMO boo the booers.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Tav has made it very clear why the squad want to and will do it. That's good enough for me. I don't like the gesture but no way I would boo it.

That's your choice mate and tbh neither would I but I dont think Tav can just turn his back on the political nature of this protest. Just because someone ignores a multitude of horrific practices globally does not mean it doesnt happen.

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Be as well moving this thread to the politics section as it's fuck all to do with football now, we should be talking about tomorrow and the excitement involved in the Bears Den imo.

Our captain literally just put out a statement on it.

This is completely suitable for the Bears Den.

There is one reason it should be moved though, this is an open part of the forum, and some of our fans are too fucking stupid to realise that their ridiculous stance is a showing up for the rest of us. 

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Be as well moving this thread to the politics section as it's fuck all to do with football now, we should be talking about tomorrow and the excitement involved in the Bears Den imo.

I disagree mate. 

This is about our club and how we support our players. 

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I backed the players decision to stop taking the knee after the Prague game. That was their decision, and theirs alone. 

I back them now deciding to take it again. It's their decision. 

They're our players. Whatever they decide to do against racism, we HAVE to back them.

Simple! 

We don’t have to back anything  tbh just don’t fucking boo, if the players feel it’s the right thing to do let them get on with it, it’s all we’re asking, if you disagree with it just keep quiet for a few seconds then get on with backing the team it’s not hard fs  respect our players right to protest in whatever way they feel necessary.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's fucking spelt out why they're doing it and explicitly said their protest isn't nothing to do with political organisations. How do you not get that?

They could do any other gesture but this one has implicit distasteful connotations.   

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Our captain literally just put out a statement on it.

This is completely suitable for the Bears Den.

There is one reason it should be moved though, this is an open part of the forum, and some of our fans are too fucking stupid to realise that their ridiculous stance is a showing up for the rest of us. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I disagree mate. 

This is about our club and how we support our players. 

Fair enough but I'm out, fucking all excited about the game and this negative as fuck thread is spoiling my buzz, my last thoughts are, if you boo then you are a fucking clown.