Calvin Bassey - “Move mum out the hood”

Essandoh

8 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Brilliant video giving some insight to Calvin Bassey’s upbringing in the neglected London borough of Newham, early rejections in football, and his pride in being part of Rangers’ unbeaten, invincible 55th league title winning team.

”I remember seeing Gerrard the first day, I had to pinch myself, “is this real?”. A month ago I was in the ends, now I’m in front of Gerrard and he knows my name!” :lol: 

Always plays with a smile on his face. Love him.

Great video, cheers for posting 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Canny believe he’s got that frame on him at 21 :lol: 

Bulldozer with a Ferrari engine down the left

He does have a presence! He’s decent both in defending and going forward and great pace. Would like to see more of him.

I seriously wouldn’t fancy playing against him. Not that I’m a shite bag! :lol:

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Defo

One of the standouts in pre season hopefully kicks on

He seems to be given pretty simple instructions: get the ball, run down the wing, pass the ball.

He hasn’t much technical ability but his physical presence alone gives him such a unique threat for a wing back

13 hours ago, Misteral said:

He had a decent game today bar most of his crosses. Get that sorted and Borna will have proper competition

Thought he was excellent, bar his delivery.

His final ball isn't there yet, and I doubt he'll offer what Borna does at set pieces.

But his improvent is obvious, his engine matches Tavs in a way Borna doesn't. and he has a physical dominance Borna can only dream of.

He's arguably already more suited to the rough and tumble of the domestic game here than Borna, whilst Europe suits Borna better.

Definite competition as the season progresses, but it might be Borna fighting to get back in not Bassey 😁

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thought he was excellent, bar his delivery.

His final ball isn't there yet, and I doubt he'll offer what Borna does at set pieces.

But his improvent is obvious, his engine matches Tavs in a way Borna doesn't. and he has a physical dominance Borna can only dream of.

He's arguably already more suited to the rough and tumble of the domestic game here than Borna, whilst Europe suits Borna better.

Definite competition as the season progresses, but it might be Borna fighting to get back in not Bassey 😁

This is a good idea of what will happen, bassey is defo good enough for the league and Include the bastards, and save Borna for vital ties in Europe.

2 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

This is a good idea of what will happen, bassey is defo good enough for the league and Include the bastards, and save Borna for vital ties in Europe.

Doesn’t work like that though you can’t have a player and only throw him in European ties imo,   forms built by having a run of games not stop start, would never get the best from Borna doing that.

Bornas the better player for the position at the moment, Bass just needs to keep working hard and if Borna gets injured and out the team for a spell he needs to be ready to step in and make the position his own. Borna offers more just now but I’m a fan of Bassey think he’s got potential to be a top player.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Doesn’t work like that though you can’t have a player and only throw him in European ties imo,   forms built by having a run of games not stop start, would never get the best from Borna doing that.

Bornas the better player for the position at the moment, Bass just needs to keep working hard and if Borna gets injured and out the team for a spell he needs to be ready to step in and make the position his own. Borna offers more just now but I’m a fan of Bassey think he’s got potential to be a top player.

Am obv not meaning borna for Europe only, but games before Europe he can be rested, as Gerrard says hopefully be tail end of 60 games this season, everyone will need to do their bit.