*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

Do Malmo have anyone we should be wary of? 

Didn't think they were anything great last time around but they did have a couple of decent players - Pontus Jansson (now at Brentford) and Jimmy Durmaz (has gone on to have a pretty solid career) 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Didn't think they were anything great last time around but they did have a couple of decent players - Pontus Jansson (now at Brentford) and Jimmy Durmaz (has gone on to have a pretty solid career) 

Was on my post on previous page at the bottom.

psb07158 likes this

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

A guy called Colak who is their main striker is probably their biggest threat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Čolak

psb07158 likes this

What's this about gearing up for full capacity? 😀

"That's important to all of us as individuals, it's very important to businesses and the economy but we will need to do that with appropriate caution and an appropriate degree of care."

She noted that a final decision will be made on what happens on August 9 by August 3, this Tuesday.

Sturgeon will make the announcement during a virtual session at around 2pm.

Despite the amount of key players we have missing I’m fairly confident we will progress in this tie.

Only slight worry I have is at the back. I don’t think the backline has looked settled at all pre season and even on Saturday Goldson and Balogun had a few communication problems and lapses in concentration.

1 hour ago, Blue Viking said:

They are a good team and well organized 

Fully disagree and those were the same comments made regarding Midjtylland by some on here whilst I maintained they were weak defensively.

An average at best Helsinki side scored 3 against them and really should have scored another 3. Missed a open goal 4 yards out, penalty denied and two great chances in Sweden.

If we play at 70% even missing key players we should win both legs imo.

Always a bit of a potential banana skin with Scandinavian teams in qualifying rounds that they're so much further into their season while we're just warming up.  2nd in their league after 13 games.

I think it helps that we basically have the same squad as last year though (with European campaign experience too), and aren't trying to gel a whole bunch of new players like in previous years.

This no away goal thing is new as well, that's going to change 2nd legs.

Kaydubya11 likes this

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Toivonen and the guy Delia signed on loan for Celtic are the only names I recognise.