*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The only time I ever want to see Lundstram playing for us is if every other first team, B Team, U19 and women’s team midfielder is injured or suspended.

Even at that I’d still have a stab at registering Gerrard or McAllister to play before him 

Absolute fucking fool

12 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Why though. We are continually told we have two good players for every position.  We have three suspensions, one injury and one player in quarantine. Where are the rest of this brilliant squad?

We have 3 suspensions, we're missing Jack, Aribo and Hagi clearly wasn't fit enough to play either. Add Alfredo and that's 7 players. 2 of which wouldn't have gotten off the bench had they been available and the manager wanted to use his full quota of subs. 

Like I said, I appreciate why people want subs - Lundstrum and Arfield were poor, but bringing on Lowry and Kelly (or potentially aggravating Hagi's injury) isn't much use either when losing one more goal would have put us out.

Let’s be honest not a single players played well tonight. Davis scored and was better than the other two in midfield but he still didn’t play well.

The other shout I’ve seen for a good performance was Wright and he also did absolutely fuck all.

Gerrard was also below par tonight there was no excuse for his lack of substitutes tonight it was obvious that we needed to change it but he never did. Hagi or Kelly needed to come on and replace the terrible Arfield & Lundstram. Maybe even Patterson to get some energy down the right hand side.

Ain’t happy at all, fucking hoaching performance all over the park.

But by Christ has that goal calmed me down a little but.

Somewhat confident we will do the job next week. 

We’re Rangers.. we never do things the easy way (except last season)

2 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

The goal gives a lifeline but overall it was a shambolic performance. Doesn't bode well that the minute they're stuck in front of a crowd again and subject to any pressure they crumble.

For all the talk of strength and depth there was none on the bench and the front 3 were toothless.

Scott Wright is decent enough when Rangers are steamrolling shite in Scotland but will never be a player at that level.

Itten is hopeless. Seen nothing to suggest Sakala will do anything either.

The difference in that side when Morellos is missing is staggering.

I will tell you another thing, anyone that thinks the league is a formality is dreaming as well. Its amazing how quickly a bit of success has went to people's heads and they now believe we only need to show up this season for a clean sweep. This is the same team thats bottled it repeatedly in cups, that mental fragility doesn't disappear because of 1 league win.

Aye, you’re absolutely right - we just need to sign a keeper of Barkas’s quality too, if not we’ll struggle to stay up this season 😬

Complete lost the midfield battle and Borna and Tav were stopped from playing. Think it showed the fitness levels showed with them being well into their season. We got what we deserved nothing from the game and were lucky to score with the last kick of the ball. We were out the tie but that goal is absolutely massive and gives us a real chance of progression. 50k behind the team next week will be a massive bonus and should be enough to take us through the tie.

Alot of concerning points. The passing was so slack at times. It was reminiscent of some Walter teams where the ball is a hot potato. The lack of penetrative movement from the midfield 3 to support Itten when he managed to control the ball. Kent had a really bad night. And the tie is nearly dead with 60 seconds of madness. The lack of subs and the fitness of the players who haven't played much so far I.e. Barisic and Arfield

Just now, bluchoo said:

They were poorer than teams we have faced, i agree we were sloppy, but your making out like they gave us a doing

Screenshot_20210803-195928_FlashScore UK.jpg

No I'm not, I'm saying that we were so poor that a decent team would have taken advantage and really punished us. In a way we are lucky it was a team of Swedish plodders that we were so bad against and not in the next round against Olympiakos.

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

You rate him like?

The guy is fucking garbage, could run down the park the now and find you a better player and that’s not even hyperbole 

Settle down. We've played 1 game in the league and 1 game in Europe but he is "fucking garbage" Give yourself a shake. Panic merchants galore on this forum.

Ok been on the beer since 3 but fuck me that was shite the reason I slag Kent so much is that he has do much ability but some times only shows it against shite teams but fuck me what a chance we have after the Ulster man's goal😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Would that have been the case with Morelos? Not too sure. We are toothless without him in this type of game IMO. 

Would have made a difference, yes.

The perfect storm of players missing thru injury, suspension and circumstance (quarantine). You just knew that Slavia game would leave a bitter taste for a long time 

Morelos needs to play next week.