*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

2 pish goals to lose and call it 'Tav-bashing' if you want but he's suspect for the first goal and downright criminal for the 2nd. Lundstram is a poor man's Arfield on tonight's showing. We can go through next week. They aren't great at all but we were shocking in the final third. Arfield recieves the ball from a cross round about the 6 yard box and he tries to fucking lay it off to Kent. Kent takes a world class touch to set himself up to strike the ball with his left foot but instead drags it back, the minute he does that the chance was away. Wright playing Itten through in the 2nd half but over playing it. So poor. 

Kent was MOTM by a mile, Wright done very well, Itten had a good first half. Need Alfie back, its a shame Roofe isn't available either. They 2 start tonight and we win this game going into Ibrox. Frustrating as fuck. 

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Bollocks, we were consistently poor against a team who are orders of magnitude poorer than some of the teams we beat last season.  We are lucky to get away with a one goal defect.  If they had been half decent they could have taken us apart tonight.

The league game we came closest to losing last season was against …….. Hamilton. Where are they now? 
That’s how football works.

I’d be tempted to switch to a 4-2-3-1

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Aribo

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Subs—

McCrorie

Patterson

Balogun

Lundstram

Kelly

Sakala

Itten

Really set out and press them high from the start put them on the back foot and attack with the same intensity we did against Madrid.

We’re still well in this and well capable of turning this around.

They are no great shakes by any measure. Hungrier on the night and con artists per excellence.

We need to get our act together. Sakala and Hagi need to start next week as Itten just not it and Arfield done. Hasn’t the quality either. As for Barisic, hardly took on a man, constantly back passing and turning his back on the ball. Guilty at the first goal for that. TBH not many pass marks tonight. Davis for that peach of a goal.

On our game we shred them, so over to Steven to make the right changes, because doing the same will see us lose.

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Aye, sell him right now because no other player in history has had a bad game.

Like another poster said are you forgetting he’s had a full career before coming here? 

I’ve seen him play plenty before, thought he was absolute garbage and he was exactly that again tonight. 

If someone is that bad they deserve any criticism they get.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

McGregor

Davis Aribo

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Subs—

McCrorie

Patterson

Balogun

Lundstram

Kelly

Sakala

Itten

You’re two sitting midfields would see us being annihilated. That’s Champ Manager levels of team selection

They were well rested. They haven't played since their game against Helsinki last Tuesday. They have a game on Saturday afternoon  before they play us, so probably not quite so fresh. It will be a different game at Ibrox and I'm confident we will get the win.

7 minutes ago, Graham said:

Glad the whistle went after that Davis goal. Mind the last time he scored last minute to give us some hope 😂.

A few players back, 1 more competitive game, a full Ibrox and we are well in this. I wouldn't like to be them coming to the atmosphere there is going to be after not playing in a full stadium for 18 months.

Hopefully the union bears keep their players up all night with fireworks too. 

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

McGregor

Davis Aribo

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Subs—

McCrorie

Patterson

Balogun

Lundstram

Kelly

Sakala

Itten

Aribo in centre midfield, never mind a 2 man midfield would be a man down. 

15 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Barring the calamity 2 mins I don't think we were awful. Just looked rusty.

This, looked every inch a team halfway through their season playing a team still not quite match sharp. We had an off night but some of the over reaction in here is absolutely laughable.

1 minute ago, stevemac said:

Haha that's if that wee fucking stooge sturgeon let's us in like. What a mixture of emotions man shite aw game then a lifeline like that. Buzzing

Not sure how many have signed up to non league home games but I’d assume right now they’re all guaranteed a ticket unless we have our allocation cut drastically 

Just now, dougal72 said:

This, looked every inch a team halfway through their season playing a team still not quite match sharp. We had an off night but some of the over reaction in here is absolutely laughable.

Agreed, was fairly happy going in at half time.. calamitous 90 seconds later and it’s looking decidedly uneasy! I think another game under there belts at the weekend, some decent noise at Ibrox and Alfredo, Aribo & Hagi available for selection we’ll get the job done…