*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

6 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Some wild takes in here tonight.

Half of our side was unfit. The other half who would have replaced them were injured/suspended. 

It was a poor performance with silly lapses of concentration defensively but let's not jump to conclusions or blow the heid just yet.

Back to Ibrox, full house and get behind the team! 

My favourite outlandish comment was that we bottled it in front of a crowd.:mutley:

5 thousand socially distanced Swedes. As intimidating as your gran after losing at bingo ffs!

We had 50 percent possession each and they had 2 shots to our 1. Poor game of football to watch tbh. 

2 minutes of slack play fucked us. I am confident we will turn it around at Ibrox. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I still think Barisic, Helander, Lundstram should have started at the weekend. Well off the pace, needed minutes imho.

Pre season has been a mess.

If Itten was in managers mind for starting tonight then why was Defoe starting games at beginning of pre-season.

Players under-cooked and the recruitment in midfield, again, has been a mess.

1 minute ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Fuck knows still in Covid isolation maybe?

We could do with someone asking the question at the press conferences ffs.

Covid isolation? He played at the weekend I’m sure :lol: 

Must be a knock. He’s been in and out for a few games now, hope its not a niggling thing

It’s obvious we were poor tonight and I don’t think Malmö are a great team by any stretch of the imagination but they are well drilled and well into their season.

We’re missing a few key players and still getting up to pace with the new season. 

I still very much fancy us to progress to the next round. 

8 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’d be tempted to switch to a 4-2-3-1

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Aribo

Wright Hagi Kent

Morelos

Subs—

McCrorie

Patterson

Balogun

Lundstram

Kelly

Sakala

Itten

Really set out and press them high from the start put them on the back foot and attack with the same intensity we did against Madrid.

Get Aribo to fuck out of midfield and play Bassey instead of Barisic - he was awful at everything he did.

Our set plays were really poor tonight our crossing in general untill the end never seemed dangerous enough alway easy for the Malmö defenders who did Marshall our front three quite well although they defo showed they have some gaps to exploit next week.

Gotta feel confident for the second leg these guys deserve champions League football for all they did last season.

Midfield was the biggest problem tonight. Davis, Lundstram and Arfield certainly not a first choice and it shows. When I saw the team and with no Aribo and Hagi on the bench. I hoped Hagi would at least get 20 mins but obviously he was just making up the numbers. Two minutes of poor defending done us tonight and if we get a better mix in the midfield next week we should have enough to go through. Will be interested to hear Gerrard's assessment on the defending for the two goals tonight.