*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

Glad the whistle went after that Davis goal. Mind the last time he scored last minute to give us some hope 😂.

A few players back, 1 more competitive game, a full Ibrox and we are well in this. I wouldn't like to be them coming to the atmosphere there is going to be after not playing in a full stadium for 18 months.

kanjo and kelvd1873 like this

4 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Helander Barisic

Lundstram Davis Aribo

Hagi Morelos Kent

Hopefully the lineup for next week

You would play lundstram after that performance. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say its a fitness thing but he was woeful tonight. I dont think he found a black shirt all night. 

Ivybank likes this

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Let’s be honest not a single players played well tonight. Davis scored and was better than the other two in midfield but he still didn’t play well.

The other shout I’ve seen for a good performance was Wright and he also did absolutely fuck all.

Gerrard was also below par tonight there was no excuse for his lack of substitutes tonight it was obvious that we needed to change it but he never did. Hagi or Kelly needed to come on and replace the terrible Arfield & Lundstram. Maybe even Patterson to get some energy down the right hand side.

I completely agree that no one really played well tonight mate but I thought Wright was one of the better ones. 

GA1972 likes this

Just now, sassaaaa said:

The whole back line should have stopped both goals , that mob never looked like scoring all night , nightmare stuff from Goldson.......

Literally stepped over the ball for their second. Genuinely hard to believe what we were watching during that horror show minute. 

sassaaaa likes this

16 minutes ago, Bluerod said:

If doesn’t want to risk him why stick him on the bench 

Maybe for the worst case scenario where someone else in the midfield picks up an injury and can't continue, would rather risk Hagi than one of the kids for his experience. Only guessing, but I'd be surprised if the manager was happy to leave him on the bench when we needed a goal.

Just now, BigBearButt said:

You would play lundstram after that performance. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say its a fitness thing but he was woeful tonight. I dont think he found a black shirt all night. 

Tried to pass to the referee at one point 

Cunts wearing a neon pink top….

Rangers#1 and Ivybank like this

We looked a bit unprepared for that level of game tonight. Not helped by the suspensions or team selection on Saturday but we've no excuses for being unprepared, slagged the mhanks off for the same.  We're still not cute enough to win free kicks, bookings in our favour, etc. at this level, not condoning diving but teams win easy free kicks against our players. 

Up front, we look well off it. Regularly beaten to the forward pass by their defenders, similar to the way the racists did last season. Our forwards hardly even nuisance value, miles off CL level. 

Massive game next week now after that lifeline, could buy us a bit of quality. if we fail, players will be punted and we'll shop in the freebie market again. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

I thought he was garbage long before we signed him 

All he’s doing is reaffirming what I thought when we signed him. That was a pathetic display tonight

What in 2 competitive games? Fucking hell.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Barring the calamity 2 mins I don't think we were awful. Just looked rusty.

Match sharpness and fitness slightly lacking but as you say apart from two minutes where we switched off a pretty even game.

Confident of beating them at home with a few more players back and that extra bit of fitness. 

jintybear and Monkey Butler like this

Defence was shakey all night, think the nerves got to them a bit, especially after the 1st goal

Lundstrum/Arfield, very very poor, hopefully Lundstrum gets better with more game time. Arfield I think he's ran his course as a starter 

Kent/Wright, felt both tried all night but nothing really came off for them, happens with wingers.

Itten - He's not Rangers class, he's a sub at best but would rather we got rid & moved on. 

Need Aribo/Morelos back & Borna/Helander up to speed before next week, hope tonight was a kick up the arse 

shaka and AGC123 like this

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

How?

We dont get a huge amount of extra money from winning this tie if we fall in the play-off.

We are guaranteed Europa Conference, should we fail to win this tie and also fail to win the Europa play off.

Europa Conference and Europa League offer just about the same money.

We do, we get €5m if we get thru to playoff and get knocked out. We also qualify automatically for the EL group stages. Worth €10m circa.

It's a huge tie this.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Think it’s more that you have to get Arfield out. Couldn’t even kick the ball half the time 

HG5 likes this

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Bollocks, we were consistently poor against a team who are orders of magnitude poorer than some of the teams we beat last season.  We are lucky to get away with a one goal defect.  If they had been half decent they could have taken us apart tonight.

Not sure you know how football works pal.