*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Naw. In midfield he'd be, at best, equally as bad as Lundstram. He's never a centre midfielder in a million years  

His best performances in a Rangers jersey were at the beginning of last season at CM up untill his long term injury. Admittedly in a midfield 3 but still.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

That Davis goal has given us hope, nothing else. Some on here seem to think it will be a formality now. I don’t believe it is.

If we hadn’t scored we were out IMO

If Malmö score first next week, we are out or at best it goes to penalties IMO

If we score first then I can see us winning with a clean sheet and maybe getting a few more.

However, make no mistake, if that goal doesn’t go in we would be out and this board would be mental.

Other than that mad 2 minutes they never looked like scoring all night. We fucked it up again big time , that was a very average side , one that we should be beating easily if we are doing anything in europe this year

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Davis Lundstram and Arfield a very rigid midfield would hope the 3 of them never start again as a trio.

Dont understand how Hagi never got on if he wasn’t fit enough he shouldn’t have left Glasgow.

That bench was atrocious. I think we brought him to keep them guessing.

Just now, ZZed said:

Well, that should have sorted any complacency in the ranks and maybe it will have done us some good. They now come to Ibrox, full house, first champions league night in 10 years and with the team switched on. We will win this 2-0 at Ibrox.

Hopefully a good swift kick up the arse for us tonight, that we can't repeat a performance like that.

Get another game under the belt at the weekend and attack this lot from the off next week. Early goal would  be huge. 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Confident we’ll go through 

Agreed, blip tonight but think we will up the performance and come out on top on Tuesday with more players available and the fans back at Ibrox.

Tbf they did look like a team who were well in to their season (mostly) and undoubtedly we missed our usual composure and they capitalised on it. I don’t underestimate what the absence of Kamara, Aribo, Morelos and Roofe took away from the team also. I do think and believe we will turn this around though…

We were miles below our own standards and have beat better teams than Malmö and as poor as we were, we were up against a really decent side (they would beat every other team in Scotland aswell)  almost half way through their season with our most valuable and best players missing, when you think about that we were always up against it, our success is the reason so many are unhappy, we were shite but that’s what happens to teams like us minus our best players, we are still in this that’s the main thing! 

14 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Malmø played as a team.. they fought like hell. Very much like we did in Europe for the past three seasons.. It means we beat some teams that we "shouldnt have". People can play down Malmø all they want, but they are not a bad TEAM. They might lack individual superstars, but they are a very good TEAM. We need to take them very seriously next week. Early goal and its even. 

We area better team... By a big distance. We will never play as bad as that again and if we do our job we will turn them over. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Other than that mad 2 minutes they never looked like scoring all night. We fucked it up again big time , that was a very average side , one that we should be beating easily if we are doing anything in europe this year

I agree. Yet they scored 2 against us and we looked utterly toothless.

Would you bet that if it is 0-0 on 60 minutes that we’ll go through next week?

Roofe, Kamara, Alfie, Hagi, Jack and Aribo were missed tonight but I’m not sure how much better it’ll get next week. Alfie may be available, but I doubt he’ll be match fit.

The difference that goal has made. 

They will be coming to Ibrox knowing we'll have our best goalscoring player back in contention, to a (hopefully) full house, knowing that if we take even half the chances we created tonight it will level the tie. 

I didn't under estimate them and I still don't think they are anything great... but if we play the game we usually do then we should be rightfully confident. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We won’t play like that again this season btw. 

Itten is confirmed as not good enough 

Arfield needs to get fitter

We missed Balagun

Sakala might not be the shining light. Time will tell. He’s a bad habit of being caught offside fwis 

Balogun? Wouldn’t have made a difference 

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

That Davis goal has given us hope, nothing else. Some on here seem to think it will be a formality now. I don’t believe it is.

If we hadn’t scored we were out IMO

If Malmö score first next week, we are out or at best it goes to penalties IMO

If we score first then I can see us winning with a clean sheet and maybe getting a few more.

However, make no mistake, if that goal doesn’t go in we would be out and this board would be mental.

We better keep the head and not get stupid cards. No reds please Alfie. Especially when they started going down with ‘cramp’ at 70 mins this week. Imagine next week…..

Agree with this. Again.. wish people would stop saying "theyre pish" etc.. they outthought us tonight - simple.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

anyone who thinks Helander had a bad game is fucking clueless man

Connor Goldson was an absolute bombscare next to him

Gerrard just called out Helander for being CL level.

He knows what he's doing - Goldson was (as I've mentioned many times tonight) 2019 vibes.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I agree. Yet they scored 2 against us and we looked utterly toothless.

Would you bet that if it is 0-0 on 60 minutes that we’ll go through next week?

Roofe, Kamara, Alfie, Hagi, Jack and Aribo were missed tonight but I’m not sure how much better it’ll get next week. Alfie may be available, but I doubt he’ll be match fit.

It doesnt matter how they play in this game or next week , if we are on it this mob are not going through.

Its whether we turn up or not.......

2 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

He also trained yesterday, the plot thickens :hmmm:

Hopefully we will find out more over the coming days. RTV should really be giving us updates though. How hard is it when they interview the manager to throw in a few questions about the availability of our players.