*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

45 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

He didn't have a good game, thats for sure, but he didn't chuck it.

If some of the other players had his attitude then we may have got a more positive result.

Our central defenders looked as if they only met in the warm up.

Re Kent, in spite of nothing working for him all night, he did really well to steady himself at the last gasp & provide Davis with a pass that just begged to be hit.

Hope he doesn’t make us wait so long next time…

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

The only time I ever want to see Lundstram playing for us is if every other first team, B Team, U19 and women’s team midfielder is injured or suspended.

Even at that I’d still have a stab at registering Gerrard or McAllister to play before him 

😄😄

49 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’ll tell you one thing for certain Aribo has never put in a performance in CM as bad as Arfield or Lundstram did this evening.

Im not saying he’s the finished article or that he hasn’t got to improve. He came back from his injury and he wasn’t the same player for ages but he’s played the vast majority of his career at CM and the idea on here that he can’t play there is bizarre.

You must’ve missed the Old Firm game at New Year then.

He was absolutely horrific.

It was our use of the ball that was ultimately our downfall tonight, as much as anything. Crosses either over hit or under hit....too high or too low. Lay-off's that were too soft. Passes played behind Tav or Borna when they were on the run. That and a lack of willingness to shoot...yet again. These things come with games, so hopefully by next week we'll improve on that a bit. 

Kent ran his cunt in for us, but couldn't pass for toffee. Wright was good, but I think he's too inexperienced to  start these games tbh. It will come for him, he will be a great player for us, but just now, I think he's an impact sub if Hagi is fit. 

That late goal softened the blow in hindsight. 

Malmo are a tricky team to beat as history has shown, plus they're 13 games into their season. 

As long as we cut out the pish at the back, Tav and Goldson were dog shite tonight. 

We'll be fine. Fancy us to win 3-1 at Ibrox. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Just having a look back over last few Euro results and we’ve now conceded at least two goals in 7 out of our past 9 European games.

That cannot continue.

It's the manner of how we concede too. Tonight was completely avoidable and was mostly down to us not coming out the traps. We didn't start he second half at all. We actually we're in control first half and looked defensively stable.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's the manner of how we concede too. Tonight was completely avoidable and was mostly down to us not coming out the traps. We didn't start he second half at all. We actually we're in control first half and looked defensively stable.

It’s not an individual thing it’s as a team.

We miss a fully fit Ryan Jack massively.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Win the league this season and I'd go out and spend £10m on two centre backs to take us to the level we want to be at. 

Tonight was as poor as I’ve seen us in Europe under Gerrard. We were average in too many areas and made sloppy mistakes you can’t make at this level. Playing Scandinavian sides in qualifiers is always a nightmare as they are always well into their season. But to be so poor and still be in the tie…we have more than enough to do this but we need to improve a lot. We will need a strong crowd, improved performances and a bit of luck. But we can do it.