****Official UEFA Europa League 2021/22 Thread****

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Does anyone know the format for this years tournament, I see that there are only 32 teams at the group stages as referred to 48.....the 3rd place champions league teams still drop in, that would suggest that 3rd in the group would see you through with the 8 drop outs that would take it back up to 32 teams which would render the group stages pointless :confused:

I haven't a clue if that's the formula or do teams get promoted from the conference if they win the group?

@Rangers_no1

This is your bag mate:tu:

image.png

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The group stage will be reduced from 48 to 32 teams – eight groups of four. The eight group winners progress automatically to the round of 16.

There will be additional knockout round play-offs prior to the round of 16; these will be between the eight UEFA Europa League group runners-up and the eight third-ranked teams of the UEFA Champions League groups.

Not much chance for us then mate getting to the round of 16 the way we’re playing. 

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The group stage will be reduced from 48 to 32 teams – eight groups of four. The eight group winners progress automatically to the round of 16.

There will be additional knockout round play-offs prior to the round of 16; these will be between the eight UEFA Europa League group runners-up and the eight third-ranked teams of the UEFA Champions League groups.

Cheers mate, I did think my suggestion was pointless, just couldn't fathom out how we got to a last 16 from the group stages, so 3rd in the group sees you in a play off in the conference.....fuck me, it used to be if you lost the first leg by a couple of goal you were more or less out on your arse.....this format more or less guarantees European football into February :lol:

53 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Not much chance for us then mate getting to the round of 16 the way we’re playing. 

The Europa League will be very difficult this time round, a much stiffer ask to finish in the top two as the 3rd & 4th pot teams are all decent, even finishing 2nd means you get a champions league drop out

On 20/08/2021 at 09:32, Rangers_no1 said:

Thought I'd ask, as you're the go to man when it comes to all things Europe. How much money (roughly) will we make if we qualify for the europa league group stage? 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

For the 2021–22 season, group stage participation in the Europa League awarded a base fee of €3,630,000. A victory in the group pays €630,000 and a draw €210,000. Also, each group winner earns €1,100,000 and each runner-up €550,000.

We also get TV money, unsure the value of that. It's increased if the scum go out. Between 3-6m Euros I think.

Coefficient value as well.

Getting there will be worth a minium of £10m I would guess with ticket sales.

Cheers mate 👍 👍