Away goals

Colin Traive

53 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Thank fuck this question has only been asked a hundred times:lol:

:headwall:

:hiding: Not sure whether I should ask this now, :unsure: but what was the reason given for changing the away goals counting double? I'm old enough to remember it 1st being introduced and the reason was to encourage the away team to attempt to try for a goal/goals away from home making it a more entertaining game as before the rule was introduced away teams would go abroad and shove 9 men behind the ball and punt it now and again to some poor cunt up front hoping to get a 0-0 to take back to their own ground, and at least have an extra 30mins if needed, which was great it you're drawn away 1st leg.

It made for some really boring football but the away goals rule helped to change that, so I'm asking what's to stop teams/coaches reverting back to similar tactics that would make Livingston look like innovators of modern football, I seriously think this is a step backwards and feel like the authorities are just making change for changes sake, or am I missing something?

27 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

:headwall:

:hiding: Not sure whether I should ask this now, :unsure: but what was the reason given for changing the away goals counting double? I'm old enough to remember it 1st being introduced and the reason was to encourage the away team to attempt to try for a goal/goals away from home making it a more entertaining game as before the rule was introduced away teams would go abroad and shove 9 men behind the ball and punt it now and again to some poor cunt up front hoping to get a 0-0 to take back to their own ground, and at least have an extra 30mins if needed, which was great it you're drawn away 1st leg.

It made for some really boring football but the away goals rule helped to change that, so I'm asking what's to stop teams/coaches reverting back to similar tactics that would make Livingston look like innovators of modern football, I seriously think this is a step backwards and feel like the authorities are just making change for changes sake, or am I missing something?

@AlbertzLoyalRSC is a UEFa delegate and represents the club at meetings he should be able to provide and answer drop him a PM mate 

10 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Using my brain cells mate. I can't be arsed explaining what brain cells are, but you'd know what I mean if you had any.

You certainly know how to debase someone.

Doubt I will ever recover from this.

How do I delete my account?