*****Official Dundee Hibs v The Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I think we took our eye of the ball thinking about Tuesday.

I think we were shite mate. Fuck all to do with Tuesday. I saw a manager sitting on his arse so passive that was making me worried. I saw players who thought they only had to turn up and get the points. No fight, no drive, no hunger. Worrying time right now. Don’t care if it’s only the 2nd game of the season. They need a boot up the arse!  Fucksakes, Alfie looked the best. 

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

It's a sad day when lunatic wannabe body language experts get any creedence on here. 

It would have made no difference whatsoever if SG ranted and raved for 90 mins.  If it did we'd replace him with a random supporter and save a fortune in wages.

We got beat and as painful as that is SG takes responsibility for it, we adjust things and move on.

Instead of his body language, people should be more afraid of how gerrard and his team looked like they didnt have a clue how to positively change the game in our favour

It was back to the days of "do plan A better" united had us absolutely out of ideas and all we had they knew and had worked on nullifying, 

At 0-0 we should have been a 4231, get someone like arfield playing in between their defensive and midfield lines

At 1-0 we should have been 4132, press them and harass them into making mistakes

We did neither until they were so comfortable that they strolled the final ten mins plus injury time 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I think we were shite mate. Fuck all to do with Tuesday. I saw a manager sitting on his arse so passive that was making me worried. I saw players who thought they only had to turn up and get the points. No fight, no drive, no hunger. Worrying time right now. Don’t care if it’s only the 2nd game of the season. They need a boot up the arse!  Fucksakes, Alfie looked the best. 

See the fact it was probably between Helander/Morelos for our 'best' player today, kinda puts the arguement that it's to do with fitness on a shaky peg, been seeing it all day today

Both of them essentially sat on their arse the full summer, on the bench for their countries apart from a few minutes & didn't really play much of the friendlies (Healander) or any in the case of Morelos.

Tuesday will take care of itself, watch everybody miraculously run that extra bit further/harder because its the Champions League/Europe, it's whether this group of players have the drive like you said to go on and win the title again. 

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

See the fact it was probably between Helander/Morelos for our 'best' player today, kinda puts the arguement that it's to do with fitness on a shaky peg, been seeing it all day today

Both of them essentially sat on their arse the full summer, on the bench for their countries apart from a few minutes & didn't really play much of the friendlies (Healander) or any in the case of Morelos.

Tuesday will take care of itself, watch everybody miraculously run that extra bit further/harder because its the Champions League/Europe, it's whether this group of players have the drive like you said to go on and win the title again. 

I’m hoping you’re right mate. It’s time to turn it up. 👍

13 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Clearly rusty but it'll come we will improve and we will win the title 

I think we’ve had a really interrupted preseason, with late returns from the Euros, isolations, supposed positive tests, cancelled games, injuries, suspensions.

It’s really not ideal. Give them a couple more weeks and hopefully be up to speed. 

21 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Arfield is twice the player Lungstrum is.  cant believe he wasn't brought on yesterday. 

Arfield hasn't been as good since coming back from injury but I agree he should have come on. He offers a lot more when attacking and runs his arse off.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Watched the highlights back there, and on another day we’d have a couple of goals. They basically got a lucky break. Freak result that I’m sure we’ll rectify. 

Alfie’s chance from the cut back flies in we win at a canter. Bad day no doubt but not the first Rangers team to lose at a place like that early in the season and won’t be the last. We’ll be fine.

13 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Alfie’s chance from the cut back flies in we win at a canter. Bad day no doubt but not the first Rangers team to lose at a place like that early in the season and won’t be the last. We’ll be fine.

Goldson’s header is one he’d normally stick away. 

All ifs, buts and maybes - but sure we’ll come good. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Watched the highlights back there, and on another day we’d have a couple of goals. They basically got a lucky break. Freak result that I’m sure we’ll rectify. 

That’s how I feel as well.

While we obviously could have played much better, it genuinely felt as if every single bounce and break of the ball went their way (especially the goal). It was the same last season at Tannadice, except we managed to scrape past them by scoring a stunning freekick and a set piece.

It’s annoying, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a sign of something wrong at a deeper level. Literally every successful league season we’ve had (with the exception of last season) we have lost at least one or two games.