New players

Just now, j1mgg said:

Where was Sakala today?

don't know but maybe its time for a change of system too. play two up top drop under performing wingers. teams are just sitting in with discipline and shutting down the wingers with 3-4 men at a time.  we are going to get this all year away and home.  No urgency, walking pace and huffing and puffing. 

I said at the end of last season id have not renewed arfield or davis contracts. Both still have a bit to offer but both are well past their prime imo. I know Ill get criticised as usual for my stance with davis but his performance today showed me father time may well have caught up to him. 

Id have made it a priority to tie down kamara and build the new midfield around him. 

I know they can't all be successful signings, but only really 3 or 4 out of the 10 (not including Lundstram or Sakala) we've brought in under Ross Wilson have made a real impact on the squad. The rest aren't capable of winning us games or putting anyone out of the team anytime soon sadly.

Hopefully we get passed Malmo somehow and bring in at least one of "starting eleven" quality.

12 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Sakala looks a good player and should’ve been involved today

Scott Wright was a good acquisition in January though I still have no idea why we signed Simpson and Ofoborh 

A bit unfair on Ofoborh the guy has a heart issue so we wont see him for the foreseeable unfortunately

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

A bit unfair on Ofoborh the guy has a heart issue so we wont see him for the foreseeable unfortunately

Yeah I get that but even prior to that he’s 21 and he’s played a handful of senior games for Wycombe. Don’t get me wrong he might be the most hidden gem in football but just seems a weird one to me 

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

Maybe it's time for a change, sell some players and add a few new faces into the squad.  

Maybe it’s time to gain a wee bit perspective first, we have lost ONE game in our last 40 in the league and you are wanting boys shipped out ffs!?

What happens if these fresh faces don’t make an impact? do we just ship them out too? Have we not been here before?

performance aside today which was dreadful I’m pretty sure the squad we have surely has enough good will in the bank before starting wi these shite posts. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

We won't be bringing in any new players unless we sell first team ones or get into the CL groups. 

I think that was the kick up the arse we needed today.couple need shifted out quick and a couple 9f hungry young uns brought in. Sellixk  will not be shite forever, we all know that.stevie needs to get tore into them after that.we will respond on tuesday night.end of shitstorm and back to having to win it again , all over again.not feeling the doom today.we have been coasting for months.time to get the battle fever back on.

No Surrender 

Rab 

I want to see this squad get us through the CL qualifiers as they've done so well in previous seasons and I think they could do so again . 

Hopefully if we make it to the group stages we can talk about some quality additions.  

I think we need to add in our midfield. Felt that last season at the end and last 2 games show extra quailty needed. 

Ideally need someone that can offer what jack does as his injury record means we can't rely on him. Also looking for a midfielder with that bit of creativity and flair. Those don't come cheap but. 

Our model appears to be pick them up young or underperforming and polish them up, sell them on. Time to sell some on, let the ones who age has caught up with go and bring in hungry players again. Things appear to have gotten a bit to comfortable for some and it is showing in their game.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Always happens after a great season when you don't sell/bring in new players to freshen things up. We've missed that chance now and need to rely on these players to get us through to the CL, which I'm really not optimistic about now. Things could get sour very fast.

Agree, when in a position of strength, perfect time to refresh. Keeps the "regular" starters on their toes and keeps the foot on the neck of competition.  We've added to the squad over the past 8 months but have we added to the starting 11. I'm not so sure we have.  

13 minutes ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

Agree, when in a position of strength, perfect time to refresh. Keeps the "regular" starters on their toes and keeps the foot on the neck of competition.  We've added to the squad over the past 8 months but have we added to the starting 11. I'm not so sure we have.  

I'd say Lundstrum and Sakala looked to have improved our first 11. Lundstrum he's off to a shocker no doubt and needs to improve rapidly. Sakala needs more game time. 

I wouldn't go crazy and start shipping players out. But I do think there is a need to add more to our midfield quality wise. 

59 minutes ago, weejoseph said:

Maybe it’s time to gain a wee bit perspective first, we have lost ONE game in our last 40 in the league and you are wanting boys shipped out ffs!?

What happens if these fresh faces don’t make an impact? do we just ship them out too? Have we not been here before?

performance aside today which was dreadful I’m pretty sure the squad we have surely has enough good will in the bank before starting wi these shite posts. 

im not on about shipping our first team players out, we have enough players for two squads. maybe some fresh faces will give the players a boot up the arse.