John Lundstram

The Dude

Early days with him yet obviously, but I'm far from impressed or convinced he'll do much up here. I genuinely don't recall him playing a pass forward and there's been a few times he's hit run of the mill passes too short putting other players in trouble. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've been far from impressed by him so far but this isn't so much about his overall quality as it is his style of play.

I've not seen much of him prior to Rangers and always got the impression he was more of a holding midfielder than the one who goes beyond and makes runs into the box etc. However, when he arrived both Gerrard and the player spoke about him scoring regularly for us (he's scored 15 times in a just under a decade).

Is he too similar in style to the likes of Jack, Kamara and Davis and does he add anything we don't already have?

Your last sentence was something I am asking myself.

We were linked with him for the last couple of seasons, not really surprised they took the gamble to leave it until he was available on a free transfer. Perhaps he is more to strengthen the squad and be a good option from the bench especially during tight games in Europe defensive set up maybe suits him. More I see of him he is definitely only getting a game at the moment due to Jack not being available and Kamara being suspended for three euro games.

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Any player who downs tools as he did last season is not the type of character we should want at our club. He's got a lot to prove and seriously needs to up his game 

Turning his back for the Malmö goal really gave him a lot of work to do to win me round. I can’t stand that. I can forgive mistakes but that is not a mistake. That is an inbuilt attitude that shows commitment levels.