John Lundstram

The Dude

Midfield quality was the priority in the summer. Someone that could improve the starting 11.

On the evidence so far, you could argue Lundstrum is around 6/7th best option in there if everyone was fully fit. Even taking into account the different positions in the 3.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Arfield, Aribo, even Kelly. Not to mention the new boy who we must hope will be a better option.

Fuck me.

3 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

Midfield quality was the priority in the summer. Someone that could improve the starting 11.

On the evidence so far, you could argue Lundstrum is around 6/7th best option in there if everyone was fully fit. Even taking into account the different positions in the 3.

Davis, Kamara, Jack, Arfield, Aribo, even Kelly. Not to mention the new boy who we must hope will be a better option.

Fuck me.

I hope Bacuna and Sakala find their feet and quickly because Lundstram looks like the start of a Celtic-esque “best ever” transfer window.

5 minutes ago, Madina said:

Dont know if it's a scouse thing or if he was pals with Gerrard previously, but hes been honking. A good goal from him.v dunfermline but outwith that it's like playing with a man down, literally

Not all scousers know each other :lol: 

Not been a great start for him I was expecting a lot better from a player who was part of a decent Sheffield United team that finished 9th in the EPL albeit they played a totally different style and system than us you'd expect him to look comfortable on the ball and add quality to our squad.

Gotta hope Bacuna does not start his Rangers career as lethargic as Lundstram has.

4 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Financially Duffy cost a lot more in wages and loan fee, he's no where near as bad as that.

So because Duffy cost a bit more, Lundstram isn't just as poor of a footballer, that doesn't make sense. I'm not comparing them on a financial basis, I'm comparing them on ability.

5 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Lundstram should be behind Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Bacuna, Jack & Kelly when everyone is fit.

Not a chance he should see game time anytime soon.

we are paying him reportedly £25k on a 4 year contract...

Im led to believe this has caused friction or so within certain players...

Gerrard sanctioned him and wilson sanctioned him at 25k per week...

We need to let him bed in and then see how he is its very early days with him.   You have to remember the way we play is massively different to what he has previously played.    Gerrard and the team see something in him and i trust them to get the best out of him 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

With a 3 year contract Lundstram could cost us 3 years high wages and 3 years of bad results.  He's useless.

He's only played a handful of games, he's been shite admittedly but to compare him to Duffy is a stretch to far.

I have every faith Gerrard and the coaching staff will turn him into a good player for us like they have done with others.