John Lundstram

The Dude

I stand by my comments on his  performance against Malmo.He should not be in the first eleven  especially when Davis is playing.He inhibits Davis by occupying frequently the same space   and although there was some improvement over his earlier performance he is still far  too slow....the reason he picked up the second yellow.... and ponderous. He really needs to up his game and fitness.

Watching him last night in person for the 1st time - He's done really well to impress whoever the fuck scouted him.

He had one good touch, taking the ball from the sky. Got in Davis' way a couple of times, 2 stupid trips for fuck all reason although i did think the 1st one was a soft booking but to do the same again utterly stupid.

Davis or Lundstram not both and when Kamaras back no chance for a starting slot. 

Cunt of a mistake yesterday, and he's generally been pretty poor, but I hope he gets the head down and the fans in the stadium stay off his back. It's far from beyond the bounds of possibility that he can come back from this and getting on his case won't help him or the team.

Sadly I suspect that he's at the point that every slight mistake or bit of uninspiring play is going to have screeches and groans directed towards him. He'll need to be a tough cookie.

36 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

What airline will Rangers be using to go to Armenia?  Whatever it is don’t put Lundstram on that plane.  He’ll be too heavy for it. 

Should make him travel with the team but make him stay at the hotel when they go to the game.

Just get him to fuck out of the club. There must be someone stupid enough to want him, weren't we told that there was lots of interest in him when he was running down his SU contract?

Some of the comments aren't great on here. We have played 5 competitive games give or take and people are doing a wee bit more than writing him off. He's been poor in most games but let him settle in. Let our coaches work with him and develop him to suit our style. 

55 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Watching him last night in person for the 1st time - He's done really well to impress whoever the fuck scouted him.

He had one good touch, taking the ball from the sky. Got in Davis' way a couple of times, 2 stupid trips for fuck all reason although i did think the 1st one was a soft booking but to do the same again utterly stupid.

Davis or Lundstram not both and when Kamaras back no chance for a starting slot. 

Davis was outstanding.  He can't play all the games though, was out on his feet at the end.

34 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Just get him to fuck out of the club. There must be someone stupid enough to want him, weren't we told that there was lots of interest in him when he was running down his SU contract?

Aye and we fell for it again.......

36 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Some of the comments aren't great on here. We have played 5 competitive games give or take and people are doing a wee bit more than writing him off. He's been poor in most games but let him settle in. Let our coaches work with him and develop him to suit our style. 

I agree.
He looked good in pre season when he came in.
Was ok against Livi and very good against Dunfermline in my opinion, despite the fact this mob is trash as fuck. It's early in the season to write him off for good. I do understand the frustration, mood is not high right now, but let's see how Lundstram and the team will react on the next few weeks.

Said before, he'd come up here and boss the league's midfield.  Still thought he'd come good after his first competitive games thinking he's just getting used to a new club and hectic shit league, but that last night gives me no hope whatsoever he'll come good.  Massive turnaround needed before next transfer window or get him punted.  Can we punt him this window?

7 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Said before, he'd come up here and boss the league's midfield.  Still thought he'd come good after his first competitive games thinking he's just getting used to a new club and hectic shit league, but that last night gives me no hope whatsoever he'll come good.  Massive turnaround needed before next transfer window or get him punted.  Can we punt him this window?

I don't see why we couldn't try and sell him this window. There is no embarrassment in admitting you got it wrong. 

Even if he slightly improves in the near future, everything about him is the opposite to how we try to play.