John Lundstram

The Dude

1 minute ago, left winger said:

We didn’t shore up the midfield. We conceded the midfield after we scored. It was a definite tactic, which worked, and Lundstram played his part pretty well, but it gave me the fear.

Aye but I think the idea behind Lundstram was to help protect like you said. It was the right move. The problem is once you score a goal and automatically and naturally drop deep, it's hard to get the midfield back into that settled position. Listen, he done nothing spectacular but done what he was asked to do. I had the fear as well at that point.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Sorry but I don't rate him, I'd like to be proved wrong, poor man's Ryan Jack imo maybe has a goal in him here and there but not for me.

Just think it's hard to form any sort of opinion yet. He hasn't had anytime with our coaching staff to develop him into a player to fit our system yet. Granted it's not been a good start but let's judge him down the line after a run of games.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just think it's hard to form any sort of opinion yet. He hasn't had anytime with our coaching staff to develop him into a player to fit our system yet. Granted it's not been a good start but let's judge him down the line after a run of games.

More time might make a difference, I'm just not seeing it right now.

48 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Honestly some of your comments towards our own players are boggin. You're consistent though.

Trying to shore up the midfield and you want Hagi on. Baffling. 

I very rarely say a bad word about Rangers players. I mean hardly ever. Admittedly, I think Lundstam is bogging and disrupts all balance in our team when he plays. It's not that hard to see. As soon as he came on. we were on the back foot.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I very rarely say a bad word about Rangers players. I mean hardly ever. Admittedly, I think Lundstam is bogging and disrupts all balance in our team when he plays. It's not that hard to see. As soon as he came on. we were on the back foot.

Sorry mate but that's 100 percent pish. We weren't on the backfoot because Lundstram came on. He came on because we were on the backfoot to help stabilise us. We were on the back foot since scoring as we naturally dropped deeper which happens. That's you trying to fit things into your agenda. 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sorry mate but that's 100 percent pish. We weren't on the backdoor because Lundstram came on. He came on because we were on the backdoor to help stabilise us. We were on the back foot since scoring as we naturally dropped deeper which happens. That's you trying to fit things into your agenda. 

Malky constantly talking about the backdoor. Must be a Freudian slip. 

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sorry mate but that's 100 percent pish. We weren't on the backfoot because Lundstram came on. He came on because we were on the backfoot to help stabilise us. We were on the back foot since scoring as we naturally dropped deeper which happens. That's you trying to fit things into your agenda. 

He is shite mate and when (if) he ever has a good game. which I hope he does, I will be the first to acknowledge it and tag you in it to tell you I was wrong.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Good god it's literally in the OP

Just now, bluenoz said:

He is shite mate and when (if) he ever has a good game. which I hope he does, I will be the first to acknowledge it and tag you in it to tell you I was wrong.

It's no about being wrong man. It's about getting behind a boy wearing our colours. It's about no writing him off completely after 5 or so games. That attitude translates into the stands and helps nobody.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It's no about being wrong man. It's about getting behind a boy wearing our colours. It's about no writing him off completely after 5 or so games. That attitude translates into the stands and helps nobody.

I'm totally behind John Lundstram and only want him to succeed.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Excellent cameo from big John. Done his job. 

Lundstram 1 Turnbull 0 

Turnbull's a fucking wash in the pan btw. A player of Motherwell standard who happened to come in at a time when all of their players were even more pish than usual and had a few nice touches.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Turnbull's a fucking wash in the pan btw. A player of Motherwell standard who happened to come in at a time when all of their players were even more pish than usual and had a few nice touches.

'Young player of the year' last year. That is embarrassing. 

I think that Lundstram is a stopper in the Terry Hurlock mold and will be useful against the hammer throwers of our league and helping to close out games. He does not appear the creative type but more of the bite your leg type and Rangers have needed someone like that for a while. I just think he will be getting cards in most games same as TH did but he also got in about the other team and broke them up. If he turns out like TH then I will be happy but we will see cards and drama.

To me he looked unfit when he arrived at the club he is getting up to speed imo, he's a decent player, you don't play in the premier League if yer shite.

let's face it our pre season was nowhere near the level it was last year and probably cost us the CL spot, a lot of our players are just getting up to speed now and we are a good few games in.