Hagi

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hagi is finding his voice and stamp in the team. He is maturing into the player and leader we all predicted.

At the start of the season a lot of people were suggesting that Hagi was the player we could afford to sell and that Kent was the one we couldn’t lose. Amazing how quickly things change. Having said that, it could be completely different next week! 🤣

10 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

At the start of the season a lot of people were suggesting that Hagi was the player we could afford to sell and that Kent was the one we couldn’t lose. Amazing how quickly things change. Having said that, it could be completely different next week! 🤣

It can be completely different one minute from the next in here :lol:

14 minutes ago, The Blues said:

He did well last night.He looks more robust than last season and played with guts and determination as well as the skill we know he has in bundles. Our only player that is playing better than last season….along with Calvin.

I agree, he seems to have added strength and fitness to his game.

11 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I wrote a wee while back that, for me, Hagi could be a massive player for us and rather than chasing the likes of Veerman we should look to use him more centrally where he is more suited.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wrote a wee while back that, for me, Hagi could be a massive player for us and rather than chasing the likes of Veerman we should look to use him more centrally where he is more suited.

Said the same to my son, at the game last night but didn't appreciate until I watched the game today on TV how much effort he put in and how well he played 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

Said the same to my son, at the game last night but didn't appreciate until I watched the game today on TV how much effort he put in and how well he played 

If he can stop dropping out of games as much, he's going to be vital. I can get why Gerrard hasn't quite trusted him in big games so far but this is going to be his season to prove whether he's got it to be a Rangers player long-term.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If he can stop dropping out of games as much, he's going to be vital. I can get why Gerrard hasn't quite trusted him in big games so far but this is going to be his season to prove whether he's got it to be a Rangers player long-term.

Said it after the Madrid game, i think hagi would be better in the midfield 3 instead of one of the number tens if we play the 433 system, id rather we played 4231 with aribo, hagi, wright in behind roofe, imo that's the 4 that all have the speed, touch, intelligence and movement to unlock sit in defences 

Can’t question his attitude which is more than can be said for most of that team right now. Genuinely not trying to be controversial here but I still don’t see what all the hype is about, particularly in games (admittedly most of them) when he’s being played out of position. Last night? 2 passes, 1 tackle, 1 marauding run down the right, 1 rant at the ref to lift the crowd. First touch is off too often, he can’t run and there’s too many misplaced 5 yard passes. He was average last night and is average just about every time he plays.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Said it after the Madrid game, i think hagi would be better in the midfield 3 instead of one of the number tens if we play the 433 system, id rather we played 4231 with aribo, hagi, wright in behind roofe, imo that's the 4 that all have the speed, touch, intelligence and movement to unlock sit in defences 

Without getting all hipstery; he's a 10 (or an 8). He's not a wide player who cuts inside.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Without getting all hipstery; he's a 10 (or an 8). He's not a wide player who cuts inside.

This all day, too often gerrard squeezes Square pegs into round holes just to play his system, 

Same with arfield, granted he's getting on a bit, but the guy spent his career being the player that broke the lines, made the late runs that weren't picked up, finding pockets of space between defensive lines, yet we now play him as a sitting mid whos job is to pick out passes and track runners

12 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

The wee man has a fantastic attitude along with great ability. He was my man of the match last night. Would hate to see him being sold.

Thought he was great last night. Hopefully him, Bassey, and Wright all start on Sunday. Wouldn’t mind seeing NP come in and start before Tav as well. 

46 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Thought he was great last night. Hopefully him, Bassey, and Wright all start on Sunday. Wouldn’t mind seeing NP come in and start before Tav as well. 

Hagi looks the type that will never take the huff even if things dont go well, he'll burst his arse all game,