***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

Malmö complaining about the Swedish football association - that their away game should have been played Friday and not yesterday  - because they only have one days rest and then fly to Scotland tomorrow.

Huge game, huge crowd - we just need a huge result and get us through to the next round- this will certainly give us a boost - if we fail this, our heads could go down !!!!!

This game has the potential for extra time which makes yesterday's team selection the wrong one. Tav & Davis should have been rested yesterday.

McGregor

Tav  Goldson Helander Barisic

Arfield   Davis  Aribo

Sakala  Morelos Kent

I'm not crazy on that midfield so hopefully Hagi makes it.

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic 

Davis Arfield 

Sakala Aribo Kent 

Morelos 

They’ll be looking to make it as difficult as possible. Expecting them to sit deep and also fall like they've been shot on challenges. 

Push on them, hopefully up the pace from the last 2 games. 

2-0 win. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We have nobody else, and there's zero chance Gerrard plays Kelly

Well we are going to struggle to win the midfield battle then.

Age shouldn’t matter when Arfield & Lundstram have proven over the last few games they aren’t up to it in their current form.

2 hours ago, marka1979 said:

Mcgregor

Patterson goldson helander barisic

Tav                  davis              aribo 

Wright            morelos           kent

Interesting line up.

Personally wouldn't risk Barisic as he cant defend and he's been right off it. Bassey for me in this one.

I'd also go a 4231 with the holding two Davis and Arfield, then Wright, Hagi, Kent and  Alfie up front.

At the end of the day, Stevie's choice and we just need them to be up for it. If we are, we go through.

Result against Dundee utd was very  disappointing this weekend to say the least! This game against Malmo is coming at good time to bounce back and show everyone why we're the champions. Wouldn't have wanted to lose to DU and went a full week wallowing about it without having a game.

Every faith we'll bounce back against Malmo we'll need to go up a gear or two tho. 2-0 to the Champions 🇬🇧🇬🇧

A match that is potentially worth 15M+. Get past Malmo and we are guaranteed Europa League football at the very least. Massive night for us all. Hopefully Hagi will be fit and available. We needs his industry, creativity and ability. Looked good in pre season, started the opener well until the Livi LB done a hatchet job on him. Morelos, Aribo and Hagi all available would be a massive advantage for us.

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Lundstrum doesn’t deserve to play but probably will because we’re light on options. 

Aribo looked good as a forward 3 yesterday so I’d be surprised if he came into the middle too. 

We’ve put ourselves under unnecessary pressure with performances and results in the last week we really need a result here or our confidence will really start to go and we face a trip to Kazakstan 3 days before the OF

Why Kazakhstan?

It’s obviously going to be a 1-0 win for us.

Which in any other year out of the last 50 or so would have seen us through on away goals.

But not this time…

I expect us to go through, still, but it would be typical of us to make it hard for ourselves.

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Suspect we’ll have to score 3 to win this in 90 minutes as can’t see us keeping a clean sheet.

This is my thinking as well. We will get tore in right from kick off as the fans will blow the roof off. If we can score in the first 5-10 mins then we will destroy them.