***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yes according to email , not sure it will actually be enforced though 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye at the games so far it’s only been enforced depending on what steward you have in your section as far as I could tell.

Cheers, i'll bring a mask then anyway, and hope for the best!

40 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Got a feeling this will be one of our best european nights in a while. Ibrox will be at fever pitch and bouncing for 90 mins.

An early goal is crucial for us and hopefully send us on our way to a comfortable 3-0 victory.

Normal service will resume.

Hopefully. Early pressure and goal will set the tone. 

On 08/08/2021 at 10:05, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id rather start hagi in midfield 3 as he has way more dig than aribo and a better range of passing, but doubt he'll be fit enough against a mob thats miles into their season

Yeah, doesn’t look like he’ll make it unfortunately.

Going to be a tough game with the form we’re in and I reckon if they score, we go out as I don’t see us scoring 3 to win the tie in normal time.  Happy to be proved wrong though. 

Players better be right at it rather than the pussy footing about approach they’ve had in the last week. No excuses with the stadium packed and a winnable home tie in a CL qualifier. Never a better opportunity for these players to test themselves at the highest level of club football, time they walked the walk. 

Truth is if they start well and raise the tempo then we will be right there with them. My worry is that we have a good five or ten minutes and then start to regress, a little bit like the game against Livingston. For me we look like a team that doesn't quite know what the plan is with regards to pressing in packs and winning the ball in attacking areas then keeping the pressure on the opponent. Fully expect Malmo to sit in, look to win 50 50s and counter quickly. 

Feel like we’ve been here before, albeit to different extents.

Noise on Tue will let players know what it means to pull on the jersey. Will be a tricky game and some players (and fans) will need to get comfortable with the uncomfortable and not shit the bed.

For those concerned about fans aka us (fucking hell) being a detriment to the players tomorrow our record at home in Europe with fans stands at 11 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss which was to Bayer Leverkusen.

We've scored 30 in 15, conceded 10, claimed 9 clean sheets and only failed to score twice which was against Villarreal and Spartak Moscow.

Would love to say Rangers go out and pump this mob but honestly i cant see it.

We have started of worrying so far.

There is something off about the players wither its Contract negotiations or there heads are being turned by other clubs or there agents.  

Still early days but fingers crossed we get a win and it gives us a huge confidence boost because fuck me our players need it. You would think we where the ones who finished runners up.