***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

I'd be tempted to use Aribo in the front 3 and start Hagi in the midfield 3 to create a bit of space for Hagi to play in, but while Aribo might not be perfect defensively for a midfield 3 I think he might be more suitable than Hagi in there. Tough balance to strike, but I think both need to start regardless.

12 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

Mcgregor 

Tav      Goldson   Helander   Barasic                                                      Davis 

Hagi        Aribo 

Wright            Morelos            Kent 

I think Arfield will start in place of Wright.

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, Kent & Morelos.

No brainer. Our best available team for tonight. 

I'd go with Aribo instead of Sakala because there is an already established relationship with Tav on that side and that consistency should serve us well. I also think they two produced our best stuff on Saturday, just not enough.

Arfield and Hagi ahead of Davis is actually an underrated midfield. The two former have been great when they've played together and it's just a good balance. Arfield loves a big game and you can always rely on him turning up when it matters and Hagi in Europe is made for him.

2-0 Rangers, Arfield and Morelos.

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think we need one of them in there. Struggling to decide if it’s Arfield who’s been through this before but is going downhill, or Lundstram who’s new and been shite. 

Can't see him not playing Lundstrum tbh. Probably the right thing to do, but the boy needs to get his finger out and do the simple defensive things far better.

Things have felt a little stale this season, so hopefully it's a big performance tonight to shake off a few cobwebs and kick start the season into life. We can't afford any passengers, but walking out in front of a capacity crowd is what being a Rangers player is all about so I'm sure it will give them that extra burst of adrenaline to see us through in the end. I don't expect it to be straightforward though. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think we need one of them in there. Struggling to decide if it’s Arfield who’s been through this before but is going downhill, or Lundstram who’s new and been shite. 

I struggle with the idea of Arfield in there, for me he's too clumsy and likely to give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas. But Lundstram so far hasn't impressed and looks like he struggles to focus for the full 90 minutes, so it's a tough call tonight. I think Gerrard will go with Lundstram and Davis sitting with Aribo in front and a front 3 of Kent / Morelos / Sakala. 

3 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

I struggle with the idea of Arfield in there, for me he's too clumsy and likely to give away needless free kicks in dangerous areas. But Lundstram so far hasn't impressed and looks like he struggles to focus for the full 90 minutes, so it's a tough call tonight. I think Gerrard will go with Lundstram and Davis sitting with Aribo in front and a front 3 of Kent / Morelos / Sakala. 

Lundstram shouldnt be anywhere near this tonight........

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Lundstram shouldnt be anywhere near this tonight........

Probably not but I reckon Gerrard will want to persevere with him and Arfield isn't exactly a great alternative. It's a massive call though and is the area of the pitch that really worries me.