***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

This is on SG imo.

Dropping Helander was a really poor decision, hindsight proves that.

We were clearly second best after 30 mins and some were struggling with the intensity, should have had subs at half time.

When we saw they kept two up front we should have known they were going to come at us. Keep it tight expect them to give it their all early on, then take advantage later. Even in ET if required

Once they had their lead adrenaline kept them going.

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

They were fitter and more organized than us and it showed. To score 2 goals with 10 men at a packed ibrox is some effort tbf. 

we literally gave them this tie regardless of fitness levels. both legs 2nd half we play like morons. first leg excusable but to do it again in front of a full house. theres zero excuses for that shite. so embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Parma99 said:

But the best bit, imagine allowing your best striker to come back just late enough to miss the first leg! 

We preach professionalism and then act like a Micky Mouse club. 

Sshhh he was allowed a holiday and we cant criticise that 

7 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Just focus on the league now. Forget Europe. 

We need money.

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s  defenders we need. 

I’d say if we had that striker we would have gone through, but their second was the entire team falling asleep practically.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

Lundogrets went through 🤦🏼‍♂️

Doesn’t concern us now sadly.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Something seriously wrong right now.

Not ready to buy into the crowds thing yet but we obviously do have an issue dealing with pressure. 

Players attitude has changed over the summer. Don't know if they are buying into their own hype or some of them were expecting a move that hasn't materialised. 

Bit worried about the next 6 weeks or so if I'm being honest.

I think we will eventually come good.  Hindsight being 20/20 it was clearly a mistake to play Balogun and Wright over Helander and Hagi.  Missing Morelos for the first leg and Roofe / Kamara for both legs was massive as well imo.  Malmo being deep into their season probably helped their energy levels when down to 10 men too. 

As scunnered as I am right now, I think we will be a very strong side in the Europa League once we get up and going.  And we need to refocus on the league and get into the CL next year.

9 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

This passing out to the wings and crossing into the box ad nauseum has to bloody stop! 
Bereft of ideas going forward. Fcked it, terrible performance.

This. We can all see it. Why can they not??

10 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

Neil not fucking around here in his assessment and good. Few home truths. 👍

Neil’s a sharp cookie and a real gent.

Wish Souness and Bomber were there on the sideljnes tonight. My God, some arses would’ve been up on the slates for certain.

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

I think we will eventually come good.  Hindsight being 20/20 it was clearly a mistake to play Balogun and Wright over Helander and Hagi.  Missing Morelos for the first leg and Roofe / Kamara for both legs was massive as well imo.  Malmo being deep into their season probably helped their energy levels when down to 10 men too. 

As scunnered as I am right now, I think we will be a very strong side in the Europa League once we get up and going.  And we need to refocus on the league and get into the CL next year.

Don't really agree with Wright being the wrong call tbh and don't think Helander over Balogun is with hindsight either

Dont share your optimism, there is a serious problem as the club right now

22 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Your right balogun has had a shocker, why was helander dropped? 

The CB struggling since the start of the season has been Goldson so of course we drop Helander?!  Gerrard is starting to select not on performance but on his personal favourites.  We need to drop some of these guys who are underperforming so they stop taking their place in the team for granted.

11 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

This passing out to the wings and crossing into the box ad nauseum has to bloody stop! 
Bereft of ideas going forward. Fcked it, terrible performance.

Add to that the 7,8,9,10passes the back line takes before they make the wide pass that they were always going to make,time wasting personified,especially when we need goals.