***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Makes it FAR worse. 

Lose against a better side or a team who plays a blinder, fair enough, but to lose against a decent at best side who did nothing in both legs bar a 10 minute spell in the second halfs which were 4 goals due to horrific defending is unacceptable for Rangers standards.

you never seen my sarcasm

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Just seeing the goals again, Balogun is completely slack for both goals and not tight enough.  

The moves should have been stopped before Balogun fucked up. There were worse than him out there.

IMO we are not good enough at this level. They had everything that we didn't and they aren't so great shakes. We need the quality of player from the 9IAR years to do anything in the CL.

Alfie aside, I'd hardly give anyone pass marks. 

Maybe time to move on from some of our heroes from last season and you can start with Tav, Goldson and Barisic. That's four bad goals we've lost against this lot. They are not doing it so far for whatever reason, including domestically.

From back to front we are not slick enough, no cutting edge. Still ponderous and predictable with the square passing and wide ball out to Tav or Barisic. Not fucking hard to work out how to close all that down, but I doubt Steven would ever drop them. 

Gutted at another inept performance.

Just drained by that one tbh tonight. Don't have much to say on it. In terms of things that shouldnt happen to a team it is that.

Our game last season was built on control and patience which was perfect for that second half and nothing. We were also superb between half time and around 60 minutes and we've managed to concede 5 goals in 3 games in those minutes.

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Result, defending and desire aside, what I found really disappointing was the lack of anything from midfield.

Last 20 mins involved Goodson and two misfiring full backs trying to shell predictable crosses into the box.

We outnumbered them in midfield when a man up yet attacked down the wings for predictable sideways crosses against a tall team sitting back.

SG has to accept responsibility for not taking advantage and flooding the midfield. Borna and Tavs couldn't cross the road tonight.

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Hope it's never seen again,should always be our 1st kit at Ibrox.

Uefa made us wear the purple as the home would’ve clashed with both Malmö kits… that’s why the purple one was released today.

1 minute ago, JuliusC said:

The moves should have been stopped before Balogun fucked up. There were worse than him out there.

IMO we are not good enough at this level. They had everything that we didn't and they aren't so great shakes. We need the quality of player from the 9IAR years to do anything in the CL.

Alfie aside, I'd hardly give anyone pass marks. 

Maybe time to move on from some of our heroes from last season and you can start with Tav, Goldson and Barisic. That's four bad goals we've lost against this lot. They are not doing it so far for whatever reason, including domestically.

From back to front we are not slick enough, no cutting edge. Still ponderous and predictable with the square passing and wide ball out to Tav or Barisic. Not fucking hard to work out how to close all that down, but I doubt Steven would ever drop them. 

Gutted at another inept performance.

The ball watching was evident in the first half as well. A couple of times I noticed Aribo challenging and Malmo players taking up positions ready for a loose ball whilst our lot just watch Aribo hoping he'll win it. 

One of the worst things, along with being clueless with side passes, is the fact that we can have 2 or 3 free men on the side of the box who wont make a single attempt to fuckin shoot at goal. Teams could just easily stand off and wait for the next side pass, instead of being under pressure or trying to protect their keeper. This needs to fuckin stop. 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

We’ve lost as many games this week as we had all last season….

Last season’s results were always going to be a hard act to follow, but that really is a brutal perspective.

I’d really hoped that the qualifying experience & weight of results over the last 3 years would have stood us in good stead.

Fact is we’re no better at getting through these stages than we’ve ever been.

Ironic that it was Malmö again handing us our exit passes from this competition, as they did the last time we were in it.

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Hope it's never seen again,should always be our 1st kit at Ibrox.

Apparently Malmo made out they only brought one kit with them. Bullshit mind games imo.

My main issue with the kit is that half our team are not worthy of wearing it just now! Third kit and a 4th rate performance.