***** The Official Champions Vs Malmo Match Thread*****

kelvd1873

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Just back. First half was OK.

Second half was appalling. Players hid. Took the easy option. Didn’t take responsibility. Shitebags. 

McGregor and Balogun need to take blame for the goals, but Alfie aside no one got pass marks. 

Fullbacks were as bad as I’ve ever seen them. Goldson and Kent have regressed big time.

Whole team had gone back 18 months. Get it wide, cross it into the box to no one, defence clears it and repeat. Dreadful. 

Davis only one with pass marks for me 

Just now, Bears r us said:

I wonder why that should be, they did so well winning the league last season, what has gone wrong so quickly to make so many be off form?

And so disappointing that the shine is being taken off a great achievement quite so soon.

Several players late back from summer tournaments (by agreement), isolations, injuries, suspensions all feed in to us being pretty underprepared for this level of start.

Those are some of the reasonable reasons, before you get to the other, possibly speculative, such as players thinking they’ve arrived, unsettled because they feel they should be elsewhere, can’t agree contracts, etc.

Whatever the truths, there appear to be far too many things going on, whether you think they’re reasonable excuses or not.

Just now, AberfeldyBlue said:

we got done by a better team over the peace

they out thought us

end of, suck it up and move on having learned why

they didnt though they are a team of tall players they played pinball with headers in our box most of the game that was their plan to score from that 

the fact it took two strikes by a player on form is neither here nor there 

A really poor start to the season and that tonight was disgusting. 

Davis was the only player who can leave that pitch and feel he’s done ok. 

Heads down all over the place, no leadership, no fight, no threat and one of the most embarrassing performances I’ve seen at Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Heads down all over the place, no leadership, no fight, no threat and one of the most embarrassing performances I’ve seen at Ibrox. 

Soon as they scored, full team looked defeated 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Your post sums it up.

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

They came firing out start of second half last week, and got away with the exact same thing tonight.

Aye. As I said earlier. 7 minute spell of poor defending over 2 legs cost us 4 goals. 

We repeated the same mistakes. Even more tragic in the second game when the scoreline was even and they had a man sent off.

All to play for at home in front of a capacity crowd willing the team on then failed to mark properly yet again. 

Fucking scunnered. 

7 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

They came firing out start of second half last week, and got away with the exact same thing tonight.

It's unbelievable that not one lesson was learned from last week. It was groundhog day. They knew if they got at us quickly they could get a goal and it worked. 

We should have been all over them. Yet we stepped back and acted like the side with 10 men. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Good to see players head straight to the tunnel again without any acknowledgment for the fans.

There were a couple who went over to the Broomloan at the end but to be honest they’d have been better just fucking off. 
Fucking embarrassment 

11 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Fuck knows. Maybe they think winning the league last season was everything and they can’t get up for it this season. This season is massive financially. 

They better start to understand one league win as great as it was, is not what playing for Rangers means.

Just now, Swagger said:

Soon as they scored you could sense they’d get another 

Yeah the way we approached the game from the off second half made the crowd nervy and totally killed our momentum. Retreating to the half way line when a team thats 1-0 down and down to 10 men has the ball in their own half is criminal 

Remind me again, which team was down a man?

Pass it wide, cross it in, have it cleared, repeat ad fuckin nauseum. 

Amazing how we let off all the first half pressure AFTER they got a red.

3 out of the first 4 competitive games have been right out of Gerrard's first two seasons sadly.

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

And so disappointing that the shine is being taken off a great achievement quite so soon.

Several players late back from summer tournaments (by agreement), isolations, injuries, suspensions all feed in to us being pretty underprepared for this level of start.

Those are some of the reasonable reasons, before you get to the other, possibly speculative, such as players thinking they’ve arrived, unsettled because they feel they should be elsewhere, can’t agree contracts, etc.

Whatever the truths, there appear to be far too many things going on, whether you think they’re reasonable excuses or not.

That covers a lot, time for Stevie to sort things out.

On players maybe not sure about signing new contracts, I do think that could be a problem. 

We also better hope to fuck that Almaty don't win on Thursday night. If they do then we play the away game on the Thursday before the old firm. Almaty is about 250 miles from the Chinese border.

That is 1 cunt of a flight.