Goodbye Morelos, Goldson and Kamara

Leeds_Bear

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Roofe is a big miss. 

Morelos is our best asset though so if we have to sell one it would most likely be him. 

I agree about Roofe, but he and Morelos are quite dissimilar in their styles of play.

Morelos & Kamara the big assets in my eyes and with Kamara being in discussions about a new deal I can’t see us moving him on.

Our only saving grace financially is season tickets sold out, merchandise revenue will be up probably ten fold, commercial income will be good and the crowds are now back so Europa League might be ok this year.

110% critical we win the league this year imo. Imperative.

17 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's had a poor start but was excellent last season. We can't just be actively selling players because of a blip especially on the back of a near flawless season. 

Sell him and we only have a young boy and no back up. 

Folk wanting all these players sold don't realise we have fuck all chance of winning a thing in doing so. 

This place is mental, and not in a good way.

28 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Has he regressed or was he playing above himself last season with no pressure from the stands, and now he's back to his usual self?? No one will know bar the player 

You’ve got a couple of seasons worth of cock ups, lapses in concentration and capitulations before 20/21 to add to the start of this one.

For me, everything points towards being a bottle merchant in front of a crowd, either that or he’s got poor hearing so can’t respond to shouts when there’s more than 1500 in a stadium.

Thanks for last years efforts but if he left tomorrow I wouldn’t be too down hearted.

Just now, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

This place is mental, and not in a good way.

Folk wanting a him in the HOF a few months ago and now want him kicked out on his arse. 

Support is key. Tav has shown his class before and will again... They all have

That's a terrible performance tonight but it wasn't a surprise, we've been poor in every competitive game so far, except maybe for a short period versus Livi.

I think Gerrard has to take some of the blame, he picked the team and wasn't brave enough to drop some of our regular starter who are clearly not performing.

For the Dunfermline game, Tav, Kent, Arfield, Barasic and Goldson need dropped.

45 minutes ago, five stars said:

That's a terrible performance tonight but it wasn't a surprise, we've been poor in every competitive game so far, except maybe for a short period versus Livi.

I think Gerrard has to take some of the blame, he picked the team and wasn't brave enough to drop some of our regular starter who are clearly not performing.

For the Dunfermline game, Tav, Kent, Arfield, Barasic and Goldson need dropped.

Only to bring them back for the next league game 

2 minutes ago, tayside said:

Iam half pished but would gladly get in my van and drive Kent to Leeds or wherever he wants to go absolute shocking again

you know you shouldn't drink and drive I'll gladly take you place - of coarse you supply the petrol money 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

friend.gif

Thank Fuck for that this made me laugh after watching that pish tonight .

@ # 5  Must say though I do like Itten. given that shitshow ma auld granny wudda been more consistent than most of that shower tonight had she been given a pair of boots 

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’d get Katic back in the team over fucking Goldson anyway. Dreadful. Weirdly I genuinely think there’s some substance in this not having the minerals to play in front of crowds theory. It’s quite obvious actually. 

That just isn't true.  There have been plenty games prior to last season where they proved that false.  If any of our players believe that then we should punt them ASAP.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

That just isn't true.  There have been plenty games prior to last season where they proved that false.  If any of our players believe that then we should punt them ASAP.

I think the whole thing is a bit more nuanced than crowds per se.

To me it's not that they can't play in front of crowds, but I think there's a little something in it when the backs are against the wall, the team is in an adverse position in an important match, I think there are a few in the team that are guilty of retreating into their shell.

Tonight for example when you are looking to a number of players to step it up but its just not there. Many of them comfortable of passing responsibility on to the next man, or playing it safe as if they are too afraid to make a mistake when the crowd is on edge. 

I think some of the above is maybe down to a lack of a plan B too. If Tav and Borna aren't mentally on it, they are still being asked to whip a ball in even though it's not been happening for them all night. They need a bit more variety and a bit more options otherwise its just going to exacerbate already poor performances.