Goodbye Morelos, Goldson and Kamara

Leeds_Bear

Performances will fluctuate but first and foremost we need players who want to be here. If they don’t then move them on, assuming anyone wants them or course. Apart from the ongoing Morelos rumours there doesn’t seem to have been any interest in our players. 

1 minute ago, ayrshireranger said:

All that proves is how ludicrous the English market is. Utd spent 80m on Maguire and he is shite. 

It proves you're talking shite when when claiming our main defender shouldn't have come from Brighton 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Morelos we cannot afford to sell. When Tav was injured and Patterson came in he wasn't missed. Goldson is dragging his heels over a new contract. Borna looks a shadow of his former self. Kent looks out of sorts.

If we get an offer for any of them I would take it.

I agree to an extent but Borna is getting over an injury I would not like to see him go. Goldson absolutely can go anytime he likes! 

Sell when their stocks are high.

With us missing out on the Champions league I don't see how we can imcrease values of players.

You don't want to lose your better players but if we can sell a couple and make decent money (20 - 30m) then it's a no brainer.

The players were fantastic last year in Scotland and pretty good in Europe and as far as I can tell there were few if any decent bids.

I’ve no idea how that happens and the filth get decent bids for their players. Baffling. I can only assume playing well in Europe counts for little and we have to win a bunch of Scottish titles before we get some bids in.

Or the club have had bids bid not deemed suitable and nothing has been made public.

8 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Plenty of occasions especially the 7/8 games before Covid where it was exactly as it has been these past few games. 

What about the games prior to that where we had played well in front of full stadiums?   There is one result Braga at home where we came back from 2 down to win?  Also won the away game.   It's not down to crowds it's down to the players concentration and work-rate falling.

Two games into the season and the panic merchants our out in full force.

Sack Gerrard sack half the team. Two games against Malmo yes we were poor defensively four goals that should never have happened.

In the league we have lost one for the same reason poor defence. But there is a whole season to go and if we win it again who cares about a couple of lapses..

Plus we still have the Europa cup which is more our level.

10 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

Two games into the season and the panic merchants our out in full force.

Sack Gerrard sack half the team. Two games against Malmo yes we were poor defensively four goals that should never have happened.

In the league we have lost one for the same reason poor defence. But there is a whole season to go and if we win it again who cares about a couple of lapses..

Plus we still have the Europa cup which is more our level.

We should all keep calm and don't panic. 

Disappointment of course, every single Rangers fan must feel horrible after this tie, but we will go again and get back to our basics. Maybe it sounds cliche but I'm sure this type of alert will see this group growing and coming back stronger.

No surrender. 🇬🇧

20 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Aye, and look where we are. 

Champions of Scotland after a season where he was arguably our best player?

Better players than Goldson have played in games like the one the other night and we’ve had the same result.

Just now, Dave Whelan said:

The Goldson contrast situation must be playing a part in his defensive lapses. Club need to go give him what he wants so we can move on and be 100% focussed on the games ahead. The uncertainty isn’t helping anyone 

safe_image.gif

5 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

The Goldson contrast situation must be playing a part in his defensive lapses. Club need to go give him what he wants so we can move on and be 100% focussed on the games ahead. The uncertainty isn’t helping anyone 

I just do not understand the theory/idea behind a players performances are dictated by his ongoing contract situation. If he wants to be here and we want him to be here, why does that affect his performances? And why would signing an agreement/giving him what he wants sudden turn him into last season’s Goldson?

It’s a bit pie in the sky stuff for me that. He is playing badly and off form, but I struggle to believe it has anything to do with the on-going contract situation