We have slept thru the transfer window

Trialist

1 hour ago, southcoastbear said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were waiting to see how qualification went before sanctioning any more expenditure like Veerman for instance.

It's a good point tbf. I just don't see how the board can do more expenditure now without selling at least 1 or 2 players. 

Our transfer activity definitely depended on this tie and the next one. If there was any chance of getting Veerman or someone of his calibre, then that just became harder financially and with the ability to lure.

We will now have to sell first before we buy.

Tonight's game had a massive sway in how the team looks going forward.

Wouldn't surprise me if the board were waiting to see how qualification went before sanctioning any more expenditure like Veerman for instance.

yup probably but its a catch 22 either pay out for the players to get into the Cl or pay out for the players to win us the league this year to try and get into the CL for next year 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Our transfer activity definitely depended on this tie and the next one. If there was any chance of getting Veerman or someone of his calibre, then that just became harder financially and with the ability to lure.

We will now have to sell first before we buy.

Tonight's game had a massive sway in how the team looks going forward.

i think more than anyone realises it would not be a surprise to me if there is a major clearout in the next few weeks and new faces in

sadly i feel kent and/or kamara will go 

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i think more than anyone realises it would not be a surprise to me if there is a major clearout in the next few weeks and new faces in

I'm trying like fuck not to give knee-jerk reactions tonight but it easy to see gloomy times ahead.

2 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

I reckon it's morelos and Kamara away. Goldson as well if he won't sign a new deal. 

The board then need to decide how much will go back into the side to push for the league and guaranteed champions league football.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but given Kamara was going to be banned for 3 games and his contract situation we should have cashed in after the Euros. 

Midfield was always the biggest concern going into the qualifiers.

If we go on and sell Kamara or Roofe knowing for about 5 months the situation with them being banned, then its absolutely horrible mismanagement. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm trying like fuck not to give knee-jerk reactions tonight but it easy to see gloomy times ahead.

im looking more on the positive side and hopefully after tonight a fair few players who are already surplus will be booted along with one or two first team regulars who have peaked/past it freeing up wages and transfer money

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Just because it hasn’t been in The Sun or The Daily Record, I don’t believe that we haven’t received a single bid for any of our players this Summer. 

SG said it in an interview mate.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt though. He clearly wants to retain key players and keeps his cards close to his chest regards transfers.

Shouting about signings as though malmo are a great team. They’re spl quality fs. If you went back a week ago cunts were creaming themselves about replacing zungu and Stewart with lundstram and sakala. A big money signing wouldn’t have made a difference to the big name players that have been posted missing over the last week

Don’t disagree, but there is still money to be made in the Europa League, albeit on a lesser scale to the CL.  A good run could offset a fair chunk and perhaps finance a move for the man you mentioned.

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

Don’t disagree, but there is still money to be made in the Europa League, albeit on a lesser scale to the CL.  A good run could offset a fair chunk and perhaps finance a move for the man you mentioned.

I think  Europa league group stages might just leave us with a small shortfall allowing we dont try sign anyone else, I think we would have needed champions league type money to invest in any significant way in the team.

6 minutes ago, SK RFC said:

Shouting about signings as though malmo are a great team. They’re spl quality fs. If you went back a week ago cunts were creaming themselves about replacing zungu and Stewart with lundstram and sakala. A big money signing wouldn’t have made a difference to the big name players that have been posted missing over the last week

and fucked us home and away so what does that make us

3 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

and fucked us home and away so what does that make us

Thats what I’m getting at. We never lost because our players were out of their depth quality wise. They lost because they didn’t turn up against a bang average side. Spending a few million on a player doesn’t change that and it makes it more worrying. 

Doom and gloomers out in full force tonight then.

I'm fucking raging with the result, the performance and the selection, and the opportunity missed financially for us to progress. I'm not going to be one of those wee dicks on Facebook that say "aye but brechin away tae the champions league tho" 

It's gonna be a sore one for a few days but we are still champions and stopped 10IAR, weve started off shite but its very early days to be fearing for the season ahead. The team has earned the right to be given time to kick on from a period of poor form IMO. If we arent doing well in the league by Christmas then aye absolutely get the knives out but.

4 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I'm fucking raging with the result, the performance and the selection, and the opportunity missed financially for us to progress. I'm not going to be one of those wee dicks on Facebook that say "aye but brechin away tae the champions league tho" 

It's gonna be a sore one for a few days but we are still champions and stopped 10IAR, weve started off shite but its very early days to be fearing for the season ahead. The team has earned the right to be given time to kick on from a period of poor form IMO. If we arent doing well in the league by Christmas then aye absolutely get the knives out but.

Jesus Christ.

8 minutes ago, stevemac said:

xmas, xmas ffs unless we turn the corner now the league will have been won by xmas sadly not by us

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

xmas, xmas ffs unless we turn the corner now the league will have been won by xmas sadly not by us

Who by then mate? Because celtic are still atrocious and no 6-0 dicking of the worst team in the leagues gonny change that. And hibs/aberdeen don't have the legs to go on a season long run.

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Who by then mate? Because celtic are still atrocious and no 6-0 dicking of the worst team in the leagues gonny change that. And hibs/aberdeen don't have the legs to go on a season long run.

you want to wait till xmas before change is made regardless how shit any other team are waiting till xmas is fucking suicide fuck the cups, fuck europe, fuck the league we'll wait till xmas before we do something