We have slept thru the transfer window

Trialist

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yeah but you notice it when teams are attacking us and running by our midfield like they aren’t there.

Slavia and Malmo the two recent teams to show it.

Yeah thats ridiculous, thats why I said we needed to tighten up at the back, so when the midfield were ran past, we had a back 4 and not have tav and barisic up the park

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t accept the transfer window is to blame at all. That was a 10 man Malmö side we were level against at half time with largely the same 11 that won the league and did brilliantly in Europe last season.

There is no excuse for last night. None 

Folk on here are genuinely blaming the strip :lol:

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We need some fresh faces in but the only way that’s happening is if players are sold and that means losing probably our two best players in Kamara and Morelos

The season long loan market is huge. There's quality out there not at huge outlay. Its not ideal, but it's what we need right now.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need some fresh faces in but the only way that’s happening is if players are sold and that means losing probably our two best players in Kamara and Morelos

Yep fully expect both to be sold in the coming weeks. It's how much of the money can be put back into the team that's the question. 

11 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but given Kamara was going to be banned for 3 games and his contract situation we should have cashed in after the Euros. 

Midfield was always the biggest concern going into the qualifiers.

As you say, hindsight is great, but I genuinely thought the squad who romped to 55  and put on a decent show in Europe last year would have had the ability to get us through this relatively straightforward tie. With the best will in the world, if we sell any of our key players this window - Kamala, Kent, Morelos- we won’t be replacing any of  them with players guaranteed to be better.  We will be taking a chance on players within our financial restraints and hoping they come good. Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had cashed in on any player during the summer and still got beat last night?

4 minutes ago, Ladytonbear said:

As you say, hindsight is great, but I genuinely thought the squad who romped to 55  and put on a decent show in Europe last year would have had the ability to get us through this relatively straightforward tie. With the best will in the world, if we sell any of our key players this window - Kamala, Kent, Morelos- we won’t be replacing any of  them with players guaranteed to be better.  We will be taking a chance on players within our financial restraints and hoping they come good. Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had cashed in on any player during the summer and still got beat last night?

As you say that would be a big gamble. Done it last year in the hope we won the league and it paid off, now we’ve missed out on millions we can’t gamble again.

1 hour ago, Dave Whelan said:

We’ve had 3 strong European runs, season ticket books etc.

I’m not saying we are swimming in money but there is money available is Gerrard needs it 

There is no money. We will have to sell now before we buy and even then it will be the likes of Morelos away for 10-15m and us replacing him with a 2m player. 

I think a long look at what we have and who can't make the step up. Losing alfie is unthinkable IMO . We're missing Jack and Kamara . Maybe drop hagi in as creative mid instead of right mid . Kent is either arrogant or working his ticket . Brilliant against real Madrid then goes missing .