Full backs.

beararse

Bassey did again what he did v Livingston, but this time his crosses (poor v Livi) were excellent.

He can do no more than excel against whichever opposition he has, and he did that well.

He's offering more in terms of his overall contribution than Borna has so far this season, and now has assists and a motm performance to his name.

No bad for a guy that only runs about a bit apparently. Deserves to retain his jersey.

Paterson not quite as good bud did his case for keeping the jersey no harm the longer the game went on.

18 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Bassey had a great game and has clearly been working on his crossing. Borna is still the better player but given his poor form there's definitely a decision for Gerrard to make. Bassey definitely deserves a run in the team atm.

However, Patterson is the real dilemma. He plays like a seasoned pro at 19. As a youth prospect, he's the most exceptional player we've seen since Ferguson. There will need to be a discussion sooner than later about when we transition from Tav to Patterson. There's an argument to be made that this should be Tav's last season at Rangers, as good as he was last year.

I've been saying this in here for weeks now. Next summer I think his value drops as he will be 30. After his stats and success last season now is the time to sell for maximum value 

38 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I've been saying this in here for weeks now. Next summer I think his value drops as he will be 30. After his stats and success last season now is the time to sell for maximum value 

It actually makes sense, I think in terms of selling one of the first team players Tav probably makes the most sense as Patterson is a ready made replacement with a decade of football ahead of him to get better still.

Is there sufficient interest in Tav and would it be northwards of £10m to avoid any other sales following missing out on CL money?

Patterson played well, but the difference at the moment between him and Tav was shown at one point in the last ten minutes tonight. On the right side, right at the box he passed to someone with two Dunfermline players next to him and the other player, clearly I Cannae mind who this was.  The other player stopped for a split second waiting for Patterson to run in behind because the space was there, Tav would have done this, Patterson attempted to do it after a split second delay, but that split second delay cost us the chance at that point to get in behind.  He needs to find that experience of knowing went to go, so for now and based on how good Tav was last season it would be ridiculous to drop Tav on a few poor performances from him and the team.  Once Patterson adds that wee split second more movement and thinking to his game, we have a fucking winner though btw, because he is better defensively than Tav from what I’ve seen so far.  

as for bassey, he was good tonight and Barisic has been poor so far this season, but cmon to fuck boys, 20 goal contributions from left back last season, that left foot is a wand and he more than deserves the chance to find his form. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Patterson played well, but the difference at the moment between him and Tav was shown at one point in the last ten minutes tonight. On the right side, right at the box he passed to someone with two Dunfermline players next to him and the other player, clearly I Cannae mind who this was.  The other player stopped for a split second waiting for Patterson to run in behind because the space was there, Tav would have done this, Patterson attempted to do it after a split second delay, but that split second delay cost us the chance at that point to get in behind.  He needs to find that experience of knowing went to go, so for now and based on how good Tav was last season it would be ridiculous to drop Tav on a few poor performances from him and the team.  Once Patterson adds that wee split second more movement and thinking to his game, we have a fucking winner though btw, because he is better defensively than Tav from what I’ve seen so far.  

as for bassey, he was good tonight and Barisic has been poor so far this season, but cmon to fuck boys, 20 goal contributions from left back last season, that left foot is a wand and he more than deserves the chance to find his form. 

I love Borna as much as the next guy but he’s had his chance to find his form. Bassey I think clearly thought he had a chance to stake a claim for the jersey due to Bornas poor play. He starts until Barisic can prove otherwise, last season is gone

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I love Borna as much as the next guy but he’s had his chance to find his form. Bassey I think clearly thought he had a chance to stake a claim for the jersey due to Bornas poor play. He starts until Barisic can prove otherwise, last season is gone

I remember when bassey was given a chance in a game game against st mirren he was piss poor and we got knocked out the cup and this forum was in uproar for Gerrard to play our best players.   Now one good performance against Dunfermline and the same forum are wanting the best left back in the country dropped for a player who played well against a lower league side.  Cmon. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I remember when bassey was given a chance in a game game against st mirren he was piss poor and we got knocked out the cup and this forum was in uproar for Gerrard to play our best players.   Now one good performance against Dunfermline and the same forum are wanting the best left back in the country dropped for a player who played well against a lower league side.  Cmon. 

You’d be on here giving it Borna is back to his best if he put in the same performance as Bassey wae 2 assists though. Borna will probably get the Alashkert game next week, if he serves up the same type of performance as his previous 3 he’ll be very lucky to start next weekend. 

St Mirren away was Gerrard’s fault for thinking he could get away with constantly rotating. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

You’d be on here giving it Borna is back to his best if he put in the same performance as Bassey wae 2 assists though. Borna will probably get the Alashkert game next week, if he serves up the same type of performance as his previous 3 he’ll be very lucky to start next weekend. 

St Mirren away was Gerrard’s fault for thinking he could get away with constantly rotating. 

I’d probably be saying the same thing I’m saying now tbh, “it was only dunfermline”.

On 12/08/2021 at 13:33, beararse said:

Based on what I’ve seen he has heart, physicality, the speed and ability to burst past a player and get to the byline or charge into the box to name but 4. He’s no worse at defending either. Lad deserves an extended run in the team to show what he can do IMO

Bassey seems to have added ‘decent crosser of the ball’ to his list of talents.

Appreciate it was ‘only’ Dunfermline so hopefully he can do it consistently, assuming he gets a run in the team.

41 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I wouldn't say we should sell Tav now. He should still be first-choice right back and you're right, he is the best right back in the country - but Patterson is progressing at such a rate and is such a talent that it's a decision we're going to have to make, perhaps sooner than expected. Before I would have thought that Tav would have that position for another good 2 or 3 years at least, but a prospect like Patterson doesn't come along often. The end of this season/start of the next might be the best time for it - Tav could get one last lucrative contract somewhere, he'd be 30 going on 31, and we'd be able to promote Patterson.

Trouble is if Patterson keeps progressing as he has then we’ll not have him for long. 

We’ve just won a league title and went through the entire season unbeaten in doing so and people want our best left back from the season dropped because he’s not been that great in his first three or four games in the new season. 🙈

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We’ve just won a league title and went through the entire season unbeaten in doing so and people want our best left back from the season dropped because he’s not been that great in his first three or four games in the new season. 🙈

The problem for now with Barisic is he doesn't even look fit, I would start Bassey on Thursday then Barisic Sunday give him a bit of time to gain some fitness. 

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The problem for now with Barisic is he doesn't even look fit, I would start Bassey on Thursday then Barisic Sunday give him a bit of time to gain some fitness. 

If he is unfit then Gerrard is too blame for playing him tbh. 

57 minutes ago, beararse said:

Bassey seems to have added ‘decent crosser of the ball’ to his list of talents.

Appreciate it was ‘only’ Dunfermline so hopefully he can do it consistently, assuming he gets a run in the team.

The thing is even if it was only Dunfermline they set up just like every other Premiership team at Ibrox against us. His willingness to get to the byline will cause any of these teams absolute havoc.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do folk think Patterson was really that good tonight? I can't say I was wow'd too much by him. 

I thought he was good tonight, got forward and was getting into the right positions. He just couldn't get the final ball right tonight.

It didn't help either that the guy on the other side was arguably the best player on the park:lol:

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

The thing is even if it was only Dunfermline they set up just like every other Premiership team at Ibrox against us. His willingness to get to the byline will cause any of these teams absolute havoc.

Exactly…and if he can’t get to the byline he would probably just charge right through them.

his passing on the deck was really good too, accurate and hit at pace. Was great to see after some of the predictable pedestrian shite we’ve been served up recently.