*****Official Champions v Dunfermline Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Helander and Katic would be my current first picks. Goldson was abysmal again tonight, just this time against a team not good enough to punish us for his mistakes.

Katic will never be in our starting 11 whilst we plan to play out from the back.

Really rate the boy but he's much more suited to "backs against the wall" defending.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fair enough mate. 

Great to see Roofe bounce back after his wee lad being ill. He must have had a lot of sleepless nights. 

Yes! Hope the wee feller’s doing ok & good to see Kemar getting back into the groove on the park!

Hopefully onwards & for the pair of them!

6 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Good result against a distinctly mediocre side, in the draw for the next round but we will still have to improve for Thursday nights game IMO.

If we play like we did tonight we will be more than ok on thursday. Attacking  wise i dont think we have to improve much and defensively i dont reckon we will get tested much. The crowd we are playing are bottom end SPL standard. Play the boys on form and that means Bassey and Patterson have to start.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree. Kamara AND Roofe would have made a difference. That game against the Slavia Fuckpigs has certainly came back and bitten us right on the arse.

Wouldn't be surprised if we met those cunts in the group stages (if we get there that is)

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

If we play like we did tonight we will be more than ok on thursday. Attacking  wise i dont think we have to improve much and defensively i dont reckon we will get tested much. The crowd we are playing are bottom end SPL standard. Play the boys on form and that means Bassey and Patterson have to start.

Might happen, if Tav & Borna were at a covid party. :whistle:

My take on the last couple of games (clearly going to be way off) and tonights routine win.

Bassey starts next game, his crossing tonight was decent and far better than Barasic has shown recently.

Tav will come back in for Patterson. Goldson if still fucking about with his contract needs to be sold and Helander the main stay CB, with Baolgun for the time being till Katic gets back to fitness (he's been out a long time).

Davis and Kamara must play every game with Jack being the one to allow one of them to rest when back to fitness.

Aribo and Arfield should never be on the pitch at he same time. Hagi needs to start more. We never missed Kent tonight because of the workrate from Bassey.

Morelos starts unless injured, issue there is that Roofe should move out right and Wright deserves to be starting as well.

My 1st 11 for at least the next few league games: Shagger, Bassey,Helander, Goldson, Tav, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Morelos, Wright.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Quite simple, we need a brave journalist to ask the Gaffer about Helander. I sometimes feel the questions are rehearsed.

It seems he’s played less than half the games over the last 2 seasons that Goldson has.

I know he’s had injuries, but he also seems to miss quite a lot of games when he’s supposedly fit - these last 2 for ease of reference.

A strange way to handle what most on here reckon to be our best CB.

We hear that Balogun’s pace is ‘preferred’ in certain matches.

C’mon - the guy is either a top CB, who we paid a big fee for, or there’s more to this than meets the eye.