Our game next Thursday 🤮

Junior Soprano

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Police and SFA might ask for one tie to be switched to away as the police wont like say 50k of us going home while 60k of them make their way to the game

They wanted 2 games at Hampden played on the same day a couple of year ago. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m fairly sure UEFA don’t allow two ties to be played in the one city on the same night so one will be switched.

Hope to fuck its ours as the return leg is 3 days before the old firm. Hopefully the Armenian team wins as it’s an hour or 2 closer flying than Kazakhstan. 

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

Hope to fuck its ours as the return leg is 3 days before the old firm. Hopefully the Armenian team wins as it’s an hour or 2 closer flying than Kazakhstan. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hopefully we reverse the home and away ties rather than move the date.

Also where does it say 5pm? Uefa dont have any fixtures or times up.

When I said switch I think we are more likely to be playing a game on a different day (like Wednesday) rather than reversing the scheduling of home and away.

Plenty of previous for that in the past couple of years - Progres and Shkupi are two off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

When I said switch I think we are more likely to be playing a game on a different day (like Wednesday) rather than reversing the scheduling of home and away.

Plenty of previous for that in the past couple of years - Progres and Shkupi are two off the top of my head.

Braga too. Ended up the wednesday because Porto were the same night. Not sure if Porto were given priority because they had won their league or had the bigger coefficient. It was either of the two it was decided on that braga had to move to a day earlier. 

18 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Struggling to give a fuck about the europa league or this cup game on Friday.  

I know the feeling mate. Just a massive come down even if we do make the europa league again. 

Hard to get up for the league cup as well but it's a trophy we need to be winning. 

Think our Europa playoff games may stay as is and the Scum's legs will get reversed - we get "priority" as we finished higher in league last season. In this case it's far from a benefit for us but that's the way it works I think :headwall:

Happened to Arsenal and Man Utd in recent seasons I recall

https://talksport.com/football/511308/manchester-united-uefa-champions-league-fixtures-manchester-city-barcelona/

"Pep Guardiola’s side are shown preferential treatment as they finished ahead of United in last season’s Premier League."

Archived