Itten

tom1780

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Challenged him to a header and I won so he’s no chance of making it unfortunately 

I do think he has the tools mate, but don’t know if he has the guts for the glory of being a star for us. Maybe that’s what Gerrard and Beale are seeing. Inject him with some Morelos or Costa blood. 😃

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

I do think he has the tools mate, but don’t know if he has the guts for the glory of being a star for us. Maybe that’s what Gerrard and Beale are seeing. Inject him with some Morelos or Costa blood. 😃

People see him as this big physical player for us, I get that he’s tall but that doesn’t automatically mean he’ll win every header. I think that’s what people think. I’d say Morelos has more chance of winning an aerial battle but he uses his body better to do that. 
could be rambling on here, I do think he can offer something but we don’t know what it is yet 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

People see him as this big physical player for us, I get that he’s tall but that doesn’t automatically mean he’ll win every header. I think that’s what people think. I’d say Morelos has more chance of winning an aerial battle but he uses his body better to do that. 
could be rambling on here, I do think he can offer something but we don’t know what it is yet 

Tbf to him, last Tuesday v Malmo we were throwing crosses in to players who were never getting on the end of them.  We should’ve put him on if that was the style we were to play. Or, why not put Goldson up front to threaten Malmo with crosses for the last 20 mins? SG talks about adapting and being flexible during games. It was the same old shite. Then again so many crosses never got past the first defender. Still scunnered from that result. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tbf to him, last Tuesday v Malmo we were throwing crosses in to players who were never getting on the end of them.  We should’ve put him on if that was the style we were to play. Or, why not put Goldson up front to threaten Malmo with crosses for the last 20 mins? SG talks about adapting and being flexible during games. It was the same old shite. Then again so many crosses never got past the first defender. Still scunnered from that result. 

Aye I patched the game tonight because I couldn’t be fucked, decided to try annoy billyg91 instead 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm confident once Sakala gets going he will be very good. 

From Sakala’s videos he looks to be most effective playing on the right of attack .Once things settle down suspensions wise and Morelos is upto speed he won’t be playing through the middle anymore and be one of our options on the right of the front 3’.

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

If transfer market is anything to go by he's clearly someone that thrives in a 2 up front partnership. 

So we spent close to £3 million to play him up front himself or out on the right occasionally without trying him up top with a partner at all as any possible future plan b. 

All makes perfect sense. 

I'm sure I've read similar about Fashion, might require a tweek of the formation but a 2 up top Itten/Sakala partnership might bring out the best in both of them

9 hours ago, tom1780 said:

Just want him to do well for us 

thought it was strange he didn’t come on v Malmö at home 

and just a wee run out tonight seemed a good opportunity 

other wise why have him on bench 

If the game was tight, to throw in another striker. 

Much rather Morelos and Kelly got minutes which they did.

The fact he hasn’t featured in last 2 games tells me he is last choice in the striking department.

if we can get a bid of 10 plus million, I think the club would need to consider it.

He is a Swiss international and has proven he can score goals in the limited appearances he’s had for us, he just doesn’t fit our system 

1 minute ago, Dave Whelan said:

The fact he hasn’t featured in last 2 games tells me he is last choice in the striking department.

if we can get a bid of 10 plus million, I think the club would need to consider it.

He is a Swiss international and has proven he can score goals in the limited appearances he’s had for us, he just doesn’t fit our system 

31C206F8-4A70-4CF1-B320-E34C1981A037.gif

15 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

How is this freak still here

19 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

@Mr Cget this banger to fuck 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How is this freak still here

Because he signed a 4 year contract and it’s a bit harsh to call him a freak. He’s done pretty well in the limited time he’s had on the park. I actually thought he did well in the 1st leg against Malmö, linked up well with Wright and Kent, he’s just not got the mobility of Alfie. Would be good as a late sub when chasing the game, but he will want to play from the start and it might be an idea to cash in

2 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Because he signed a 4 year contract and it’s a bit harsh to call him a freak. He’s done pretty well in the limited time he’s had on the park. I actually thought he did well in the 1st leg against Malmö, linked up well with Wright and Kent, he’s just not got the mobility of Alfie. Would be good as a late sub when chasing the game, but he will want to play from the start and it might be an idea to cash in

:lol: woooooossssshhhhhhh