Katic career over at Rangers

RFC55

Another baffling decision from the club if true, letting Edmundson and Katic go but keeping Simpson

If the management team genuinely think Simpson is the answer then we’re in bother. Imagine that donkey starting against scum or in a Europa group game, would get ripped to shreds

If there’s not a centre back in the youth team better than Simpson we’d be as well disbanding it and saving the money 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Another baffling decision from the club if true, letting Edmundson and Katic go but keeping Simpson

If the management team genuinely think Simpson is the answer then we’re in bother. Imagine that donkey starting against scum or in a Europa group game, would get ripped to shreds

If there’s not a centre back in the youth team better than Simpson we’d be as well disbanding it and saving the money 

Simpson started against the middens last season we won 4-1 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I don’t think Simpsons bad as people on here make out, obviously he needs to improve but seems to have become the RM whipping boy 

Id rather have konterman at the age he is the now over simpson ffs, that one on Friday when goldson passed it to him and he tried to let it run through his legs and turn away and instead it hit his legs and he nearly fell over them, was shane duffy levels of cringe 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id rather have konterman at the age he is the now over Simpson  ffs, that one on Friday when goldson passed it to him and he tried to let it run through his legs and turn away and instead it hit his legs and he nearly fell over them, was shane duffy levels of cringe 

Doubt it 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

I imagine this will be as much to do with Nikos side as ours. 

At the end of the day, he’s young and just back from a year out. He’s going to want to play as much football as possible, which he won’t get here. 

Surely a loan deal would be better than getting rid all together? 

9 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

What does he do well?

Mate I’ve said he needs to improve by that I mean his all round game. in the 4-1 game against the tinks last season he put in a solid performance and showed he can do a job for us.

My point is he’s not as bad as people on here make out. Comments like id rather play a 50 year old Bert konterman over him reinforces my point. 

22 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I don’t think Simpsons as bad as people on here make out, obviously he needs to improve but seems to have become the RM whipping boy 

He's the poorest CH we've had since the likes of Rob Kiernan was strutting his stuff around Ibrox. Nervous on the ball, poor distribution, poor concentration, not aggressive. 

Tbh I'd rather have Kiernan back than keep Simpson, that's how poor he is.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate I’ve said he needs to improve by that I mean his all round game. in the 4-1 game against the tinks last season he put in a solid performance. 

My point is he’s not as bad as people on here make out. Comments like id rather play a 50 year old Bert konterman over him reinforces my point. 

someone who hasnt kicked a ball in 14 months and just bk from a very serious injury (notoriously hard to recover 100% from) is the messiah dont you know. 

Just now, The Beast said:

He's the poorest CH we've had since the likes of Rob Kiernan was strutting his stuff around Ibrox. Nervous on the ball, poor distribution, poor concentration, not aggressive. 

Tbh I'd rather have Kiernan back than keep Simpson, that's how poor he is.

Not aggressive, every game ive seen the first thing he does is go in hard 1st tackle usually going through the player and giving away a foul 🤣

Just now, Orangeclement said:

someone who hasnt kicked a ball in 14 months and just bk from a very serious injury (notoriously hard to recover 100% from) is the messiah dont you know. 

I don't think anyone is saying that. Just that he was better pre injury than some of the other options we have for the position now.

He deserves a chance to prove he could be that good or better again and time is on his side unlike Balogan who is only going to get worse.

1 minute ago, Orangeclement said:

Not aggressive, every game ive seen the first thing he does is go in hard 1st tackle usually going through the player and giving away a foul 🤣

That's probably down to poor timing another one of his attributes.

14 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Surely a loan deal would be better than getting rid all together? 

Agreed especially with Goldson holding our for a move and Balogun with 12 months on his deal, but maybe the club don’t see it that way. 

I imagine we could get back £2-3million for Katic which could be quite attractive for the board right now, especially for a player who is 4th/5th choice in his position