Katic career over at Rangers

RFC55

3 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Boy I know had pics with him and barisic while on a night outin Glasgow earlier tonight. It’s on his FB feed. Katic Doesn’t look too fazed if it’s true.

Not sure what the manager will think of his players in close contacts for selfies with strangers (to them) mind you 

Well Gerrard can’t really say anything because it’s not like they’re breaking any rules…

Katic is never going to be good enough to be a Rangers' starting centre half, but he's definitely a much better option off the bench than the likes of Simpson. He's twice the player Simpson is. I dont understand how Simpson has even got close to a Rangers jersey tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Stupid move by the club. He’s been out for over a year. Which club is going to come in for him just now after a year out with a horrific injury? Would be much smarter to loan him out and build him up slowly, then sell 

What, sell him next summer when his contract has expired? That would be some piece of business.

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If true, it's very poor from the club. He deserves at least a loan spell somewhere for a year to see if he can get himself back to the level he was at and kick on from there.

Poor form to punt him as soon as he's back. 

The club gave him the best rehab available to prolong his career, played him once in pre season and once for the B team and have monitored him in training. The club have did everything correctly, they just don't deem him good enough. It happens every day in football.

15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If true, it's very poor from the club. He deserves at least a loan spell somewhere for a year to see if he can get himself back to the level he was at and kick on from there.

Poor form to punt him as soon as he's back. 

If the story is true it is a sore one for him on a personal level. He has worked his ass off to overcome his injury. Being told that you are surplus to requirements when you are starting to play again is brutal.

I have no Idea what salary he is on but clubs looking for a loanee may be put off by the fact he hasn't played in a year.

We can't afford to be sentimental as a Club, but I hope Rangers put an extra effort in to see Katic has a smooth transition to wherever he may go  

The big guy has worked hard as well in the gym obviously aiming to improve his game. I don't think people will be queuing round the block with big bids either. A loan deal with a team paying a majority of his wages would be best for both parties imo, even if we do decide to still sell at least a successful loan spell drives up his price.

1 hour ago, ESWF said:

That seems to be from October that year mate. After we'd signed Katic.

Can you clarify please 👍

19 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The big guy has worked hard as well in the gym obviously aiming to improve his game. I don't think people will be queuing round the block with big bids either. A loan deal with a team paying a majority of his wages would be best for both parties imo, even if we do decide to still sell at least a successful loan spell drives up his price.

Yeah, if you say so. Malky fae Motherwell.

Katic, 24, built like a tank, best years should still be ahead of him.

Balogen is 34 next year and Simpson is the height of shite and doesn't look suited for the Scottish game whatsoever. Goldson in his last year and could leave on a cheap deal this summer.

Strange decision if true, would have liked to have seen him back in the team first before deciding. Not unless the management have noticed something about his game after the injury. Can happen to a player.

Sad really, I had high hopes for Katic but clearly behind the scenes management can see everyone’s level. 

Simpson and Balogun have been awful so far this season but to be fair Goldson isn’t far behind. What is happening  at centre back ???!!! 

1 minute ago, ken said:

Sad really, I had high hopes for Katic but clearly behind the scenes management can see everyone’s level. 

Simpson and Balogun have been awful so far this season but to be fair Goldson isn’t far behind. What is happening  at centre back ???!!! 

Helander dipped out past 2 games also, helander is our best cb by a country mile. Swedish Internationalist also.