Katic career over at Rangers

RFC55

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Helander dipped out past 2 games also, helander is our best cb by a country mile. Swedish Internationalist also.

Yes absolutely agree, if he had a little more pace he would be a top top CB 

Just now, ken said:

Yes absolutely agree, if he had a little more pace he would be a top top CB 

Had pace he'd still be playing in Italy mate.

Gerrards love affair with goldson still might cost him, it nearly did pre covid, where covid ironically kept Gerrard in a job I'd say.

Goldson hasn't signed a contract and will be a free bosman in January, I bet you gerrards not happy but will let him do so as he thinks goldsons irreplaceable 

I don't rate katic never have tbh. 

However this is the one side of our manager I don't like Katics days of playing for us we're over the minute he done his knee. He was effectively binned from that moment replaced and we move on. Don't like how it's been handled tbh. 

I think this is shite tbh. Hes a far better option than Simpson and with the correct coaching he'll only get better. We all have seen the effort he's put in to return to fitness and then the club shaft him like this. Just sums our club up at the minute.

Rather strange decision. Is he fucked, or is he a casualty of the dislike Gerrard seems to take for some players, whilst lesser players become favourites. An attribute many managers suffer from.

We could say he knows best, but he has brought in many a dud to us also and predisposed to playing favourites. Katic was treated badly for some of his errors, whilst others could do no wrong, despite their catalogue of errors.  Disappointing. 

Should be given loan time to see how he develops after his injury. Such a threat from corners,  better than Simpson,  better than present goldson who's dragging his heels, over a contract. This could possibly come back and bite us in the arse. We'll sell him for pennies and then he'll end up going for big money at his next club. Hopefully this is a bullshit story.

Nowhere near as good as Helander, however the 2 guys that kept him out the team his first 2 years here and in turned hampered his development (mind he was only 18/19 when he joined us) were easily worse

Give katic the goldson treatment his first two seasons and he'd be a much more developed, much more confident, and much more reliable and consistent centre half, instead we developed worrall who was a fucking donkey, then continually bounced between katic and edmundson which did neither of them any favours

16 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Nowhere near as good as Helander, however the 2 guys that kept him out the team his first 2 years here and in turned hampered his development (mind he was only 18/19 when he joined us) were easily worse

Give katic the goldson treatment his first two seasons and he'd be a much more developed, much more confident, and much more reliable and consistent centre half, instead we developed worrall who was a fucking donkey, then continually bounced between katic and edmundson which did neither of them any favours

He was 21 when he joined us. 

Shame if true 

he’s worked hard to get back to fitness 

you’d think he’d get till jan to show what he can do ? 

goldson not signed new deal 

Simpson is not at the races 

balogun will get suspensions and prefers helander in certain games 

he dosnt fancy helander when we need pace at the back and opts for balogun 

maybe katic is the choice ??? 

Isn’t the classic rag top phrase “ sun sport understands” the same as “we’ve made this pish up because we are not anymore in the know than you are “ 

The days of Scottish newspapers having anything we don’t know already are long gone. There are better sources on this forum. 

I hope that's not true.

Before his injury he made a very good partnership with Goldson and score some headers. He loves the club and is working hard to get back in the team. I would be gutted for him, top lad and doesn't deserve to be sold in my opinion.

Considering Goldson is out of contract at the end of the season, Balogun too and just turned 33, Simpson doesn't seem ready to be a starter, would be very weird to let him go. He is still very young too and I'm sure he can come back from that long injury.

Clearly in managers head it’s Goldson, Helander, Balogun as his 3 preferred Centre backs and Katic/Simpson are 4th choice,

We’ll be looking at getting a transfer fee for Katic as we wouldn’t have a chance of getting anything for Simpson.

We knew players would have to be sold and this will just be part of the cost cutting.

Gerrard has never liked the guy for whatever reason. Even when he put a few good games together he dropped him and publicly criticised him in an interview.

Guy is a better player than Edmundson , Simpson and Balogen , but if you are not one or Gerrards buddies you are out on yer arse.......

Big man is not the most gifted with the ball at his feet but he is, by a distance, the most physical of our current centre backs.  Maybe not suited for European games but, given our bread and butter competition is the SPL, surely retaining a physical presence like Katic is advantageous to have when we’re away to the likes of Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, etc and need to win the physical battle at the back.   Going to these grounds with Simpson and Goldson (on current form) as our CBS doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence.