Katic career over at Rangers

RFC55

7 hours ago, JuliusC said:

I didn't say that, but uber staunch points for you.

You think he'll have done his job if we don't retain the title with the scum in major rebuild? Didn't think so.

Thanks for the Uber Staunch points - Appreciated.

You did say "that will be him out on his arse".

Not my fault if you cant remember.

PS  I didnt mention anything about winning or not winning the title.

I think after the time he’s been out it’s not unreasonable that he might go on loan to gain experience. He wasn’t a first choice starter even before his injury although he’d been steadily improving. If he’s fit, looking at the way we’ve started the season defensively he’s got to be thinking he’s at least on a par with Simpson in the pecking order. That said, the way he’s been treated in the press as a player recovering from a career threatening injury is appalling. 

I also think it would make sense to loan him out this season. Perhaps get his agent to find him a club in Croatia, so he can be close to his family...as long as they make it clear that there is NO option to buy at the end.

At one point Katic was the only player that was any good attacking/ defending corners, our defenders have improved massively in the last season in that department imo.

Katic will need to work twice as hard if he wants to even be considered for the first team as his positional sense and his passing from what we seen of him wasn't the best.

Hope he proves us all wrong tbh hes a good guy who was majorly unlucky with his injury, he was definitely improving as a defender before it happened.

Good, I’d rather he was kept at the club especially with both Goldson & Baloguns deals ending next summer. 

I wonder how a partnership of Katic and Helander would get on, I’m sure they’d stroll it domestically but would probably struggle in Europe? 

• 2 weeks later...

Surely only if his contract is near out.

Surely would send the big man out on a loan to get him back to first team fitness, I can see that

Balogun no youngster and no been convinced by Simpson, 

Cant see us sanctioning paying players off to go elsewhere like we used to.