Charles Green

Mr Soprano

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Only trust a liar when you want to believe the lies that said liar is telling?

No. Listen to everyone’s version of events and distill from the various stories what the actual truth is. Or better still conduct a public enquiry and take all testimony from all the lying liars in the whole cabal and get to to the truth. 

55 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A CVA would always be rejected by HMRC for any company in the same state as we were in.

We were hardly a viable business even if the CVA had gone through, which is why Dave King very publicly called for creditors to reject the CVA.

I will have to take your word for that.

My (albeit distant) recollection is we were in less than 20 million of debt before we were pursued (maliciously?) for the big tax case. The bank wanted their cash (suspiciously?) there was no quarter given despite many other business paying pennies on the pound. After Whyte came in and really started fucking everything up and withheld funds in relation to the wee tax case, and sold our future to ticketus  that’s when shit got real  but everything leading us into that mess is questionable  

the events leading up to the liquidation of Rangers PLC will haunt me for the rest of my days.  Despite the club coming out the other side. 

23 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I will have to take your word for that.

My (albeit distant) recollection is we were in less than 20 million of debt before we were pursued (maliciously?) for the big tax case. The bank wanted their cash (suspiciously?) there was no quarter given despite many other business paying pennies on the pound. After Whyte came in and really started fucking everything up and withheld funds in relation to the wee tax case, and sold our future to ticketus  that’s when shit got real  but everything leading us into that mess is questionable  

the events leading up to the liquidation of Rangers PLC will haunt me for the rest of my days.  Despite the club coming out the other side. 

There's become an almost 'official' fans view of what happened prior to admin - that HMRC pursued us maliciously, the way we used EBTs were legal, the debt we had to Lloyds was sustainable etc. I think most of it is false - and if you believe all of it the only logical conclusion is that David Murray was hard done by. I find it bizarre on one hand that most people who detest Murray are willing to accept narratives that absolve him of any blame whatsoever. 

Just one of a succession of chancers looking to line their pockets at the expense of our magnificent support.

Despite them all, we soared to unscaled heights and regained our title and our rightful place at the top of the game in this country.

THAT is the story, not these bent bastards.

And the suggestion that dark forces were at work exploiting the mess we’d got ourselves into is not a suggestion - it is a fact.

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's become an almost 'official' fans view of what happened prior to admin - that HMRC pursued us maliciously, the way we used EBTs were legal, the debt we had to Lloyds was sustainable etc. I think most of it is false - and if you believe all of it the only logical conclusion is that David Murray was hard done by. I find it bizarre on one hand that most people who detest Murray are willing to accept narratives that absolve him of any blame whatsoever. 

We didn’t owe Lloyds anything. Whyte used the money he conned from tickets to clear the bank debt. 
It was only HMRC who werent paid tax & NI deductions from employees and the wee TC who were owed money. Deliberately to cause an administration in my view. 
The BTC appeal hadn’t reported at the time of admin so couldn’t be considered immediate debt. 

39 minutes ago, The hustler said:

We didn’t owe Lloyds anything. Whyte used the money he conned from tickets to clear the bank debt. 
It was only HMRC who werent paid tax & NI deductions from employees and the wee TC who were owed money. Deliberately to cause an administration in my view. 
The BTC appeal hadn’t reported at the time of admin so couldn’t be considered immediate debt. 

I wasn't talking about the Lloyds debt as something being owed post Whyte take-over I was talking about it as part of the overall events that led up to admin. I.e. the Lloyds debt and the presence of potential liability over the BTC meant Murray had to sell to Whyte.

45 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I wasn't talking about the Lloyds debt as something being owed post Whyte take-over I was talking about it as part of the overall events that led up to admin. I.e. the Lloyds debt and the presence of potential liability over the BTC meant Murray had to sell to Whyte.

Green came after D&P’s supposed preferred bidder withdrew during administration. He was supposedly our saviour.

In reality Whyte had been sin died by the SFA & needed a front man. So he got Green who then double crossed him by transferring the club & assets into sevco Scotland instead of the sevco whyte was a director in.

the whole thing was a stitch up start to finish

4 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Did he not plan some sort of crossbar challenge where a fan can win £1m or was I imagining things 😂 

Had to hit the crossbar from the half way line. Only a handful of attempts ever made. Probably because he didn't have the money.

We should start it up again and he could pay the prize from his 6 million quid. 

19 hours ago, Raligt said:

Everycunt in that thread loving it anaw  😂😂

Only 1 dissenting voice who could see through him, @TravelingWilBEARy

The more he took digs at the SPL/SFA the more adulation he got. I also remember when he took cups of coffee out to folk waiting in the ticket queue to renew their season tickets. Everybody loved him for that as well. Charles knew how to play a crowd.

21 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Only 1 dissenting voice who could see through him, @TravelingWilBEARy

The more he took digs at the SPL/SFA the more adulation he got. I also remember when he took cups of coffee out to folk waiting in the ticket queue to renew their season tickets. Everybody loved him for that as well. Charles knew how to play a crowd.

Used to argue like fuck with him on here as well :lol:

12 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Had to hit the crossbar from the half way line. Only a handful of attempts ever made. Probably because he didn't have the money.

We should start it up again and he could pay the prize from his 6 million quid. 

Not one cunt kicked it by the 18 yard box either :lol: 

23 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There has become an almost “official” view of Rangers haters that we robbed the hospitals of much needed inland revenue, cheated our way to titles, ran up unmanageable debt and then liquidated and died in 2012. 

Maybe take this one at a time. HMRC pursued Rangers much much harder than they pursued any other club for the use of EBTs. Why?

EBTs which were declared by our tax advisors to be a legitimate tax avoidance strategy. Not tax evasion. Tax avoidance. HMRC either did not pursue others or settled with them for a fraction of their original claim. But with Rangers it was relentless and demands in full. Why the different treatment? 

Lloyds debt was unsustainable? £18 million quid was unsustainable ? If anyone believes that £18 million quid of loan facility for a football club of our size was unsustainable then I just don’t know where to start! That number had been up at £60 million during advocaats era, if I recall correctly, and had been coming down year on year under the McLeish and second Smith era

David Murray certainly wasn’t blameless. Murray gave us some great times but it was always about what was best for him, it was never about what was best for Rangers. I believe there is much more to the story of how he came to sell to Whyte for a pound. Indeed I think there is so much to the entire saga that we have no clue about, that a public enquiry and full report on the entire affair from the time Dr Death joined celtic until the time Dave King stepped down as chairman is absolutely warranted. Warts and all. Full exposure. Liars and thieves included