*****The Official Champions vs Alashkert Thread*****

graeme_4

Just now, tm91 said:

Wright deserves to play, but as a team we've just not been there. The larger point I was making is that we might need to be patient this year, because unlike previous years they haven't started well. Previously we either had 8 qualifier games or an extended pre-season. This year hasn't been ideal, and we might not be kicking into full gear for a while yet.

we havent started well because Gerrard keeps picking his favourites instead of picking who is performing. he puts far too much trust in some players,I dont know if he is just expecting them to click into gear but its not working at all and we are not good enough to be carrying 2 or 3 passengers in the hope they will come good, if they need games organise a friendly behind closed doors.

3 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Wright deserves to play, but as a team we've just not been there. The larger point I was making is that we might need to be patient this year, because unlike previous years they haven't started well. Previously we either had 8 qualifier games or an extended pre-season so we could hit the ground running. This year hasn't been ideal, and we might not be kicking into full gear for a while yet.

Great point about the 8 qualifiers in previous years - giving an ascending grade of opponent to bed ourselves in.

Unlike a tough one to kick off with, giving an early knock to the confidence.

Just now, EMRFC said:

I’d still start Kent against the taigs… always shows up against them

I think he’d be better from the bench.

If we drop him for a bit it might motivate him to get back on form. Give him the drive to come off the bench and smash them.